Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accommodation for 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm going into second year and moving into campus accomm, but it says that I have €1.09 balance due from last year, which is due 'Now' (as opposed to the first installment as per the licence to reside, which is due 5th September).

Why would this come about? We went in to pay the first installment by bank transfer last Thursday (has yet to appear on the account) but I didn't pay this €1.09 - will I be allowed to move in until I do? I could pay it by CC but the minimum amount to pay is €10 and I think I read there's a €27 administration charge for payments by CC :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ZYXWVUTS

I'm wait listed at 32 this morning for campus accommodation - anyone reckon I'll get a place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ZYXWVUTS

Just checked again and I'm down to 38 on the wait list for campus accommodation now !!! How come ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 n5ryan5

im 228 in hte list argh and im going into first year too. im willing to live with any other first years? can i get photos emailed to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

I'm going into second year and moving into campus accomm, but it says that I have €1.09 balance due from last year, which is due 'Now' (as opposed to the first installment as per the licence to reside, which is due 5th September).

Why would this come about? We went in to pay the first installment by bank transfer last Thursday (has yet to appear on the account) but I didn't pay this €1.09 - will I be allowed to move in until I do? I could pay it by CC but the minimum amount to pay is €10 and I think I read there's a €27 administration charge for payments by CC :eek:

I'm going into first year and I currently have an outstanding fee of €0.02 due "Now" also. :P
    I emailed them and they said it's alright to ignore it, there is a problem in the system with rounding numbers or something and you won't be charged for late payment.
    I would however just send them an email to make sure and to have a record of it just incase. :)

• Advertisement

Also, what's the highest number (on the original waiting list, before offers) that you've heard of getting a place this year?
    I was 2222 and I got my place in Merville the second day, were there many after me?

i was 2844 so that could be the highest!

i'll be doing agricultural science and i got 485. im looking for a place to stay with other 1st years too. im from tipperary. ive tried looking for accommadation on several sites too. if there is a place going id be interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

how much more d you reckon they will offer off the list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mathgeek

I booked accommodation with glenomena yesterday because it was the only on-campus residence left. i was hoping to get into Roebuk to be with my sibling. i was on the phone to the residence office there and they said that if i find someone who wants to change from Roebuk to Glenomena then it would be possible. so if anyone is interested let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mathgeek wrote: »
    I booked accommodation with glenomena yesterday because it was the only on-campus residence left. i was hoping to get into Roebuk to be with my sibling. i was on the phone to the residence office there and they said that if i find someone who wants to change from Roebuk to Glenomena then it would be possible. so if anyone is interested let me know :)

Im not sure whether you are familiar with the campus or not but its only a couple of mins to get from Glenomena to Roebuck so if you dont manage the swap it really wont have that much effect plus if you are around 2 different residences it gives greater opportunity to meet people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jauntyguy

ZYXWVUTS wrote: »
    Just checked again and I'm down to 38 on the wait list for campus accommodation now !!! How come ???

Yeah, I was the same. I went from 30 to 34, bt I still got an offer in the end. :) I presume you did aswell. What did you decide on? I went with Blackrock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 I_ate_pizza

Oh wow, I was 1800 this morning and am down to 359 now. That was quick!

But the ucd residences are kind of expensive ist that the normal price range or a bit over the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 babsgirl

n5ryan5 wrote: »
    i'll be doing agricultural science and i got 485. im looking for a place to stay with other 1st years too. im from tipperary. ive tried looking for accommadation on several sites too. if there is a place going id be interested!
    hi,from tipperary as well:),doing commerce and french and iv no luck with accommodation either im 108 on the waiting list now..have you found anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ackc

as of today, the 31st, i am number 43 n the waitlist...what are the chances of getting it do yas think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Do UCD not take into account the distance you live away from college now when deciding who is allocated campus accommodation?

I was able to get a place very handy two or three weeks before the start of term before when I was first starting out because I was coming from out wesht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Do UCD not take into account the distance you live away from college now when deciding who is allocated campus accommodation?
    Nope, I'm from Cork and nobody cares.
    Kinda set the tone for the rest of my years in Dublin :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was able to get a place very handy two or three weeks before the start of term before when I was first starting out because I was coming from out wesht!

Nope they've changed it recently - now anybody from anywhere can get any campus accommodation once they're willing to pay! One of my housemates last year was from Rathfarnham - it would have taken him about 20-25 minutes to cycle!

(Although I can't say much as I'm from Dundalk, but commuting would be too difficult as it would take 2 hours each way!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Nope they've changed it recently - now anybody from anywhere can get any campus accommodation once they're willing to pay! One of my housemates last year was from Rathfarnham - it would have taken him about 20-25 minutes to cycle!

(Although I can't say much as I'm from Dundalk, but commuting would be too difficult as it would take 2 hours each way!)

That is pretty ridiculous. They should have at least kept back some units for "far away" students in my view.

That is pretty ridiculous. They should have at least kept back some units for "far away" students in my view.

I agree - it's hard for students from Kerry/Mayo/Donegal etc. to get to Dublin to view off-campus accommodation and give deposits to landlords etc., especially as househunting often requires more than one trip - so campus accommodation is a much more attractive offer!

• Advertisement

Anyone who got early check-in, did it appear on your SIS as €25? Mine is coming up as €22.26 (although it doesn't say anything about early check in). I also had €1.09 due (for no apparent reason - I e-mailed UCD Res asking them why it was there and they replied and said I can include it in January's payment - that was helpful :rolleyes:), so this €22.26 might actually be €21.17.

What were you charged for early check-in?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I was told it would cost me €20 for my early check in, but appeared in my SIS as €17.24.

Paid it, didn't complain about the difference. Since I'm moving in at 6pm on Sunday I didn't see much of an issue. :P

I'm a bit confused regarding the photo. I uploaded mine a few days ago to the Stage 1 Registration section and it was accepted, but when I scroll down to the bottom of the page I still have a link saying "Upload". Do I need to re-upload the photo or is it fine once it's been approved?
    My photo shows in the top right corner of the page and it says Current photo.
    I assume it's fine, anybody able to clarify? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

My early check in charge on sis was 19.42!

LOL I think they're just making up figures for early check-in.

what.to.do and frser32 - which residences will you be staying in? I'm Glenomena, so maybe it's different for each one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭szybki

does anyone still looking for accommodation (as me) I really need to get something this week... preferably before Wednesday so if anyone heard about a cheap room for rent I would be really interested. Im 20 years old... very easy goin. Please pm me if you have ANY info.
    -> Im not really intrested in digs as a few people told me that digs= 0 freedom

hi nope not yet. im 100th on the list now so im just hoping that goes my way really. where in tipp are you from? if i find something i'll let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

contact <Phone number snipped> for accom asap. lovely family home with spacious single room to rent or for digs.say shane gave you the contact. on the 46a and 145 bus routes so you cant get a more regular bus service in dublin servicing ucd.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

seems to be ok on rent.ie and daft. pm me if interested in above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's not against the rules, I just generally snip numbers/emails as it's a really stupid thing to do that most people don't think of. And since, from my reading of your post, it isn't your number, that goes double.

Advertisement