Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palace Whiskey Launch

Options
  • 17-08-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭

Last night I was in the Palace to inspect the handpump (and a mighty brew from Dungarvan it has, at that) and the managers gave me an invite for the launch of their house whiskey this Thursday night.

Not being a whiskey man myself, I reckon a few souls here may well be :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

http://www.herald.ie/news/whiskey-tradition-gets-a-new-lease-of-life-at-palace-2846664.html

9 Year old single cask. Sounds interesting. Did they give any details of it, i.e. whether they are going to sell it retail by the bottle or will it only be available in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

http://www.herald.ie/news/whiskey-tradition-gets-a-new-lease-of-life-at-palace-2846664.html

9 Year old single cask. Sounds interesting. Did they give any details of it, i.e. whether they are going to sell it retail by the bottle or will it only be available in the pub?

I don't know but I am sure you can pop in and ask them; they had no hassle selling me a wee bottle of Mayo whiskey :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I don't know but I am sure you can pop in and ask them; they had no hassle selling me a wee bottle of Mayo whiskey :)

At retail prices or did they do the usual trick of payment per measure?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

At retail prices or did they do the usual trick of payment per measure?

Retail; €5 for a bottle which wasn't too bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

So they have Dungarvan on cask at the Palace now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

So they have Dungarvan on cask at the Palace now?

Yep. As of a few weeks ago Helvick Gold is on cask.

€49.95 for a bottle, 9 yo single cask, 46% (so probably non chill filtered), from Cooley distillery. Limited run of 300 or so bottles, but they plan on further runs if successful.

Advertisement