Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midleton Co. Cork Fishing

Options
  • 17-08-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Living in Midleton for about four years but went out for the first time last night do to a bit of fishing in the river opp MacDonalds.

Anyway my interest in now renewed and wondering any good spots people can recommend. Looking for river and lake recommendations in the general Midleton, East Cork Area.

Have heard of Loughderra, anyone fish there lately, how much does the permit cost.

Many thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hi,

Used to fish there years ago, but we haven't been back in a while. I always thought that lake was called ballintotis lake. I suppose the best thing would be to call into the fishing tackle shop in Mideleton, I'm sure he'll have all the info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭walsh.peter

syboit wrote: »
    Hi,

Used to fish there years ago, but we haven't been back in a while. I always thought that lake was called ballintotis lake. I suppose the best thing would be to call into the fishing tackle shop in Mideleton, I'm sure he'll have all the info there.

Thanks Syboit, You are probally right about the name of the lake. I will call into the shop at the weekend.

Anyone else got any suggestions ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

the river in midleton gets a good run of seatrout. not sure if the club there still exists but tom holohan in teh tackleshop there will give you good advice.

loughaderra can be very good when conditions are right. thats not so much at the height of the summer tho as algae can make fishing impossible (i found that out to my disgust earlier in the summer). Permits, available in the halfway pub, are €15 (4 trout limit) and a boat is €20. So two anglers will get a days fishing for €25 each. it may be open after the standard trout season is closed but not sure if they still do it. was something to do on a cold novembers day anyway!

Advertisement