Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Proposed Changes to Club Competition licences.

2»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Earlier thread here

morana, it would be helpful if you could have a look at that thread as there were a few questions asked about the propsed fee structure there also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

morana wrote: »
    Some info on proposed membership fees for 2012

http://cyclingireland.ie/getattachment/922e5da4-8ddb-4cae-8e03-d3eb5adf112f/2012_Proposed_Fees.aspx

Basically full comp stays the same, intro, noncomp and club comp is increased by €5.

If you have some insight could you shed some light on why the only the groups identified by Cycling Ireland at last years AGM as primarily leisure cyclists are being asked to bear the increased expense of 'base costs (presumably arising from admin of the company as a whole for all members benefit) and competition licence holders are to be exempt of proposed increases.

There would have to be pretty definitive evidence showing that that the increases in base costs are directly attributable to these groups for the proposed fee changes to be viewed as equitable and be passed.

This has been discussed & queried in a previous thread recently (boards.ie/thread/2056359932?page=1#post_73867352)

[edit - just beaten to the post by Beasty!]

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Actually, probably neater if we just merge the threads given they cover the same ground.

There's lots of questions about this move. Hopefully morana may be able to answer some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Actually, probably neater if we just merge the threads given they cover the same ground.

There's lots of questions about this move. Hopefully morana may be able to answer some of them.

Really sorry chaps I didnt spot this earlier I was on hols in West Cork where they dont have mobile coverage! Honest I couldnt believe it either.. I guess you probably thought I was ducking the issue!

I have glanced at the thread and I know there are a lot of Q's in there. Firstly and most importantly this is a proposal which has to be ratified at the AGM as Che pointed out. If you feel it is unfair, incorrect etc then pls come along or organise your club to send delegates and speak against it.

Club comp licence allows you to do any club league you wish or are invited to. The restricted licence was brought in (before my time) for riders in the north who only did TT's and for MTB events afaik.

Insurance has increased and we have analysed claims and there are no significant areas which cause more claims. Again I dont want to say something and then have to row back on it. We expect membership to finish at about 11,500 this year which is up from approx 9000 in 2010.

IVCA licence for Track? No currently there is no recogntion for IVCA licences in CI events. I truly hope that this will change in the near future.

Insurance cost increase. The insurance covers all of the approved activities you do. From training to racing to sportives. AFAIK we dont have a breakdown saying that x event costs y euro. Introductory licences cost €10 but the actual cost to us was more than that. Similar to Sprocket Rocket where we charge €10 for a 6 week course (They might not be the exact figures but its in that region)

As beasty pointed out if you look at the published figures you will see we are not getting in heaps of money and spending it like a Fianna Fail politician. Everything we spend we try to ensure that its for the betterment of cycling. We had hoped to host some European MTB competitions this year but because we try to be prudent we decided we couldnt afford to run them and asked for them to be reassigned to another country.

I am not going to do the business of the AGM here and if people feel thats a cop out well its not. I just think that to debate any proposal here would be wrong.

I am happy to answer specifics on existing issues.I will go thru this again tomorrow and I will pluckout anything I can answer. I think its important as members toask what you get from CI. Is it just insurance for virtually all your cycling activities, the abundance of events for most cycling disciplines, the access to competition in Europe or the discounts membership provides in some retailers and in some events. Anyway I off to bed!

Advertisement