Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking system

• 17-08-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Went back after 4years to sit the leaving cert, sat subjects like ag-science and geography and got grades of D3 in these like.Felt on the day that these went very well like and now wondering why i aven't fulfilled better grades.Who corrects them and why do I feel like im being docked because i sat it as an external student....?????????

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The fact that you were external student wouldn't have made any difference to the way they were marked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Teachers who teach the subjects correct them. As for the external student thing, I agree with dambarude, how are they to know who you are, you are just a number to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

3G wrote: »
    Who corrects them and why do I feel like im being docked because i sat it as an external student....?????????
    Because *you yourself* are conscious of being an external student, therefore that's what your mind turns to first.

I can guarantee you though that it has nothing to do with it, correctors wouldn't even be aware of it.
    Teachers who teach the subjects in other schools correct them.
    Just clarifying that for the OP, IrishKnight.

They won't know you are an external student, what school, what area, anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

marking schemes change every year, what's perfect one year might only get you half marks the next

did you have any lessons/grinds during your studying?

Advertisement