Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information after birth

Options
  • 17-08-2011 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi i am just wondering does anyone know the procedure after you have a stillborn baby and if you are pregnant again do you get scanned more or what happens?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sure it totally depends on the hospital you are with and the reason the baby was stillborn... if you are pregnant again, please contact your hospital and ask them as they would give the best answers and be able to reassure you more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Amy O Riordan

January wrote: »
    I'm sure it totally depends on the hospital you are with and the reason the baby was stillborn... if you are pregnant again, please contact your hospital and ask them as they would give the best answers and be able to reassure you more.

Thanks for your feedback sometimes there is no reason for a stillborn just wondering has anyone else experienced a stillborn baby

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 5 penguins bars

Hi Amy, I would imagine they would scan you much earlier & more frequently on a subsequent pregnancy.

This is the case after a miscarriage anyway, they told me to go to the early pregnancy unit for an early scan at 8 weeks (instead of the first scan at 16-20 weeks).

Hope that helps.

Advertisement