Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP

• 17-08-2011 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭

I'm really surprised. I expected a Merit or Distinction in LCVP but only got a Pass. A lot of people I asked only got a Pass too. What did I do wrong? I put in a tremendous amount of effort, are they really that stupidly picky when correcting it? How did you guys get on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

Didn't hear of anyone getting a Distinction, I got a Merit, so did most of my friends, I know one person that failed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭daviekelly123

75 % of the people in my year got distinction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Yup I got a pass too , even though I was hoping atleast for a merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

I know! I got a merit and I got 90% on the mock for the written paper *urgh*

I wish I had done WORSE on the mock, then I would of studied much harder than just reading all the marking schemes for the written exams.

I'm getting it at least looked at by a teacher cos if my coursework was that poor (enough to drag down a fair enough written exam) why didn't my teacher say something to me when I asked her to have a quick look through it?

On the other hand, if my exam was terrible, it makes me think: how the hell was it marked? I used the whole state, explain, example and nothing I wrote was off the wall, crazy answers. I finished it with about a minute or too to spare. Was it because my pen ran out and I finished the exam in pencil? :pac: Was it my handwriting?

I know I sound like I'm ranting, I don't need the extra points (I'm fine with my second choice of course). I'd just like a look at it.

Yeah they must of been rather picky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

ye i think i was the onli 1 with a dinstinction in my year... it was said to be pretty hard this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

I got a distinction. Happy out, I spend hours upon hours doing and re-doing my portfolio so it was something I was happy with.

Advertisement