Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much should a site cost?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi guys,
    I currently have my eye out for a site for a house. And I think I have found one. its about 10 miles away from my home house which is close enough yet far enough away if you know what i mean. its about 20 mins from 3 reasonably sized towns. Its a mile from a village wit everything I need.
    So I rang the auctioneer the other day to find out the details. He told me that no offer has been made and that the seller doesn't have a price set that he will take the best offer.

Wat id like to know is wat is the best offer??? Wats the average price of a site these days??? If i made an offer of say for example 10 grand would i be laughed at??? Any opinions would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

whatever you offer, make your offer "subject to planning permission" - unless you want to end up with land and no house. Check the local planning authority's development plan online - you can read up on their view of rural development for housing etc.

Budget for the costs of developing the site, including contributions to the local authority - check online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

OP without knowing the size of the site and its location it is like asking how long is a piece of string. More info pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jimmywangyang

Sorry mari2222 should have said that all offers are subject to planning permission.
    RATM the site is located in offaly and is 1.25 acres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

1. How much will the finished house be worth? Compare the proposed house with similar already built and on the market. Reduce by 20%.
    2. How much will it cost to build? Add 20%

Subtract 2 above from 1. What is the difference?
    Difference = Site value.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Ok,this is in no way scientific,but today I say a wanted ad for someone looking for a site with o.p.p. on or near the n24 between tipp town and clonmel.Their offer was 40k.Take what you will from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Did you try looking on www.daft.ie? There's a one acre site in Offaly for 37.5k with full planning and it's been on the market since the begining of the year. Just browse through that website and you should get some idea of seller expectations in your area. How much you offer is a whole different ball game.

Advertisement