Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza stone

Options
  • 17-08-2011 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭

This may not be the correct forum, but I'm scared of the other forums.
    So...

Anyone know where one in Galway one might be able to purchase a pizza stone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Not a made-for-the-purpose one, but this thread suggests an unglazed terracotta tile would do. Maybe marble too ? However tiles tend to come in boxfuls, and you probably don't want 20 ! You could ask a tile shop though, maybe someone dropped a box and bust half of them or something.

edit: they seem quite cheap on Amazon

You could also ask in Anthony Ryan's shop in Market Street

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Debenhams sometimes have them. I'm not sure what the home section of Debehnams is like in Galway but it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread from Food section here with suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

I got mine in Anthony Ryan's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

got ours in Aga shop in Liosban industrial Est. was about €15 from what i remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

I got one in Boots at xmas time, but it broke, I now dry fry my pizza bases in a non stick frying pan for a minute or two. Then put it on a baking tray.It does the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Aldi have them every now and again. Got mine there. Cheap and cheerful and still does the job after at least 4 if not 5 years. Just check their special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Ryan's homestore I got a Jamie Oliver one for €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭inkwell

Pizza tray (round with holes) is perfect, no need for stone. :pac:

Advertisement