Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre pay board Gais meter

Options
  • 17-08-2011 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi considering changing over to pre pay board gais meter , anyone got any advice ? is it worth doing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have found it pretty good,i equate it as the same as buying oil,ya gotta pay before you use it which will help with those massive winter bills as you can build up the credit on the card when you are flush.....

Great idea and well worth getting IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭polc07

Hi Dahat, are the units more expensive as you dont have to pay vat etc on bills you would otherwise recieve , or are gas units priced same ? any idea

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can't say for sure but i have found it pretty ok.
    Any deductions are taken at 00.00 each week/day on the meter so the amount left is what gas is availible to you.There is also an emergency function for 10 euro if it is needed.
    I have found it easier than a bill as we can control it alot,as my house is old bills at times were pretty hefty..

Advertisement