Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos hoping to come to ucd in september?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Getronicle

ENGINEERING ENGINEERING ENGINEERING ENGINEERING ENGINEERING]

anyone else?? dont know a soul in dublin :P

Engineering for me too :D Hopefully it's good news on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

Getronicle wrote: »
    Engineering for me too :D Hopefully it's good news on Monday.

Ya I'm fairly sorted id say, unless it goes up a ridiculous amount on monday!! Anybody going living on campus??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mr Mime

Psychology anyone?

I Knew three others trying to get in but they're all pretty sure they missed it by miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

fingers crossed for int. French :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Digits

Anyone else going up on there own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

Hoping to do Computer Science, depends if the points rise on Monday though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Digits wrote: »

kinda ...dnt know yet...have a few mates who wana go

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Pretty much! :) I know one, maybe two people from my year going to UCD but different courses to me.
    I think everybody has that experience of not knowing people in some way, whether it's due to moving or just going into a course without knowing anybody so tbh I wouldn't worry about not knowing people, you'll make friends quickly. :) That's what everybody's gonna be trying to do at the start of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Yup! I know a rake of people heading to Trinity, so familiar faces are not too far away.

I know one or two in second year, if they count.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

If my top choices don't go down in my points, then I'm definetly getting UCD. And I wont know ANYONE there at all so you're not the only one :D Plus I'll be in Arts, which I heard is pretty scary cos the classes are so big and you know no one at the start. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

WatchOut wrote: »
    Plus I'll be in Arts, which I heard is pretty scary cos the classes are so big and you know no one at the start. :eek:

It's the same in any course really, you'll get to know people in your seminars/tutorials where there are smaller numbers. Don't worry about it now, just go with it, there will be other people like you:)

Plus I'll be in Arts, which I heard is pretty scary cos the classes are so big and you know no one at the start. :eek:

WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Arts! :D

what.to.do wrote: »
    WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Arts! :D

Yaaaayy, go arts! :D So sick of the people who talk crap about arts degrees :P Do you know what subjects you want to do yet? I have English and Philosophy down on my CAO but I can't decide what I want my others to be yet.

Yaaaayy, go arts! :D So sick of the people who talk crap about arts degrees :P Do you know what subjects you want to do yet? I have English and Philosophy down on my CAO but I can't decide what I want my others to be yet.

My aunt heard I wanted to do Arts and said, "Oh, what a waste." I could've punched her! Arts is a hard degree if you want to so well, like! As far as I hear. :P

I have English and German down, and possibly taking up French (its nice to have the odd word!) and after that I'm unsure. Actually can't wait at this stage!

You planning on living on campus?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOI LOL UCD IS GETTING A NEW RECRUIT LOL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mustangj

I can't log on to ucd connect with my cao number and dob password. It's unclear whether i have to wait a few days. Anyone any ideas?

I got my course :D Oh the relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 000chris000

2 weeks time and ill be off to UCD :D yeeeeooww !

mustangj wrote: »
    I can't log on to ucd connect with my cao number and dob password. It's unclear whether i have to wait a few days. Anyone any ideas?

I just logged in there no bother.

Exothermic wrote: »
    I got my course :D Oh the relief!

so dya wana give me ur number so we can hook up in college seeing as u dont know neone, i dont kno ne one ;) ..we can look ou 4 each oda :P

• Advertisement

what.to.do wrote: »
    My aunt heard I wanted to do Arts and said, "Oh, what a waste." I could've punched her! Arts is a hard degree if you want to so well, like! As far as I hear. :P

I have English and German down, and possibly taking up French (its nice to have the odd word!) and after that I'm unsure. Actually can't wait at this stage!

You planning on living on campus?

Yeah I know, especially since we do 4 subjects :p Yeah I want to do French aswell, got a B3 in the Leaving but I haven't looked at it at all over the Summer so not sure if I'll be good enough for the intermediate level of it :p:eek:. Yeah I booked accomadation ages ago, but I can't remember where. The guy on the phone said it was somewhere where a lot of first years go so...I guess I'll find out soon!:D

I still cannot connect to ucd connect. Seemingly i have to register first, but that will take three days. That doesn't make any sense.:confused: Is anyone else having trouble with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Accepted Commerce, sup :P

I still cannot connect to ucd connect. Seemingly i have to register first, but that will take three days. That doesn't make any sense.:confused: Is anyone else having trouble with this?

bro what this ucd connect?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Go on their website.

Assuming its not working for anyone?

Actually that was a whole big misunderstanding... Sorry if i caused any panic:). Carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Ucd :D Pity I don't know anyone else going! Any one have idea when the first offers for accomadation usually come around?

Also how do I log into the ucd account? I don't have a username?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anybody get their UCD welcome packs yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Congratulations to those who got offers today, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 PoisonIvy

Actually that was a whole big misunderstanding... Sorry if i caused any panic:). Carry on...

Did you manage to log on it?

Advertisement