Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos hoping to come to ucd in september?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Exothermic

Jaafa wrote: »
    Exactly should be good craic. Well I'm in wicklow town now but I haven't got accommodation yet. :P Dunno might have to stay with my parents and spend that grant money on a car.;)

What about you? You going far?

Moving up from Limerick :) Seriously looking forward to moving! If the waiting list treats me nicely I'll be on campus, if not then I'll probably house-share as close as possible with a friend. I only know about 3 people heading up to UCD. :P My name's Ruth by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Cygni

I got accepted for Computer Science yesterday! Yippee for me and congrats to everyone else :)

Hope to see ya'll around ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Exothermic wrote: »
    Moving up from Limerick :) Seriously looking forward to moving! If the waiting list treats me nicely I'll be on campus, if not then I'll probably house-share as close as possible with a friend. I only know about 3 people heading up to UCD. :P My name's Ruth by the way :)

Ill pass on the obligatory Limerick city joke. :p You've good a good attitude to it then. Most people I know are nervous about moving so far away. Hello Ruth I'm Hussein. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Twiks wrote: »
    any one for Arts Politics and Intl Relations or Economics ?

That is one of the most popular combinations in Arts. There will be plenty of people doing those exact subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Cygni wrote: »
    I got accepted for Computer Science yesterday! Yippee for me and congrats to everyone else :)

Hope to see ya'll around ;D

Enjoy 1st year, I hope you have the same 9am starts I did :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

AdamD wrote: »
    Anyone else get their introduction pack today?

Mine was literally: Welcome to commerce, buy a laptop.

I think its a HP they want you to buy, and they charge €850 for one (well, that was the case two years ago anyway). I got one with higher spec for €550.

Also, don't buy a HP laptop, they're shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Rothmans wrote: »
    I think its a HP they want you to buy, and they charge €850 for one (well, that was the case two years ago anyway). I got one with higher spec for €550.

Also, don't buy a HP laptop, they're shit.

Yeah my laptop's specs > so wont be buying, just made me laugh at how little stuff came in the pack and it was all to do with laptops :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah my laptop's specs > so wont be buying, just made me laugh at how little stuff came in the pack and it was all to do with laptops :D

I don't think that's the welcome pack though. It couldn't be ! So tiny like, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another package tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

i havnt gotten any welcome pack?

... im not actually going am i? This was all a joke by the CAO..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

... im not actually going am i? This was all a joke by the CAO..

I freaked out this morning when nothing came in the post.. Stupid CAO.

But I paid my reg fees so they HAVE to let me in. YES?? D:

does it not say to wait until te 25th to pay fees and all? :S.. this is all so confusing..

It'd better not.. I paid mine earlier!!

I registered too... :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

I believe you wait until the 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

does it not say to wait until te 25th to pay fees and all? :S.. this is all so confusing..

ye it does it opens on d 25th....imagine u paid to th uc davies site or something lol

brownlad wrote: »
    ye it does it opens on d 25th....imagine u paid to th uc davies site or something lol

Hahaha, that'd be awful funny. BYE GUYS, OFF TO FLORIDA! :D

Ah 'tis done now, it wouldn't be open for registration if it was that big of a deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭WatchOut

Is it true you can pick your modules for your course in regristration? How are we supposed to know what modules to pick when we haven't even been to the college yet? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 El Bandito

Anyone else on here doing Economics & Finance? :) Haven't seen anyone mention it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

WatchOut wrote: »
    Is it true you can pick your modules for your course in regristration? How are we supposed to know what modules to pick when we haven't even been to the college yet? :p

Here...

http://www.ucd.ie/students/course_search.htm

You might want to do sum research in advance. Registration is petty stressful (clashing timetables, subject choices, elective lottery, tutorial options etc.) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

I can't log into UCD Connect. I entered my CAO number and DOB in the correct format but it gives me a failed login. I'm quite worried about this as registration starts tomorrow. Should I call the college?

• Advertisement

virtus1 wrote: »
    I can't log into UCD Connect. I entered my CAO number and DOB in the correct format but it gives me a failed login. I'm quite worried about this as registration starts tomorrow. Should I call the college?

Make sure its ddmmyy you're using. I couldn't understand why I couldn't log in for AGES, but I was using ddmmyyyy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 virtus1

what.to.do wrote: »
    Make sure its ddmmyy you're using. I couldn't understand why I couldn't log in for AGES, but I was using ddmmyyyy...
    Yeah, I'm using the correct format :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Yeah, I'm using the correct format :confused:
    Make sure you don't have any spaces at the start or end of your CAO number and password.. People do that all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Liloooney

Is anyone doing radiography!? :O

What clubs and societies are people planning on joining? :D and think thats what im looking forward to the most about college!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

UCD Connect and SIS are separate

UCD Connect = email, college information, blackboard, library etc. (run by UCD IT services)
    SIS = registration, fees, exam results, personal information etc. (run by UCD Admin)

SIS = https://sisweb.ucd.ie/usis/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin

Advertisement