Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO form - Can I submit a late request?

• 17-08-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hello. I got 385 points. My first choice course was Science in NUIG which requires 350 points last year. My second choice is Medical Science in GMIT. I will not qualify for my third and fourth choices in DCU. My fifth choice was Arts with Irish studies in NUIG, but I didn't qualify for that. If I fail to qualify for all of these courses, will I be able to apply for Arts in NUIG even though it is late? Is it too late to send in a late application for general arts? Can you please also clarify if I must accept my first choice course (Science in NUIG) if I am offered it. As an aside, do you think I will be offered a course in Science?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Short answer nope. No late requests, you get offered the highest item on your list you have the points for, with all courses below that not being offered to you.

You do not have to accept any offer, but if you do not accept it, you will not be offered anything else.

Hard to say if you will be offered as it is impossible to know the points at this stage, but I think you are safer than those with just 350

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

I really hope I get into the Science.. if I don't I have no where to go. Is there anything I can do should all else fail to get into college?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

You could repeat, try to get more points. Or take a year out and try the CAO next year. Also, I seem to remember my guidance cllr back in the day say to me that there is a round about way into science, by doing a course in some IT, some unis accept people from that...

Advertisement