Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gender scan harmful to baby???

Options
  • 17-08-2011 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

have my gender scan 2mrw (19+1) i was told today by a friend that gender scans can be harmful to d baby!!as a girl she knows had A gender scan done and ended up going in2 labour d next day almost 7 weeks early :O now im unsure wether i should get it done as im terrified something will happen to baby...?? has anyone had a 2D gender scan done..? is it just d same as a normal 2D hospital scan??? please help as im reaaly unsure now what to do...X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's the exact same as a normal scan, don't be worried, the girl going into labour was just a coincidence.

Also, just a note, could you please go easy on the text speak, it makes it difficult to read for other people. Thanks :) Good luck tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 flatjab

yes it's the exact same. don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got gender determination scans on mine - it was just an ultrasound and the sonographer(?) was able to explain to me how she determined the sex of our children.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Relax, therte is no hard associated with scans. In all the years they have been doing them and all the reserch done on them, there is no evidence to suggest that they harm baby. I was told this by my midwife and doctor when pregnnant as i had to have scans every two weeks for a months and i asked the doc would it be safe for the baby to have all those exyra scans on top of the normal ones and that is what he told me. What happend to this friend of yours was a total coincidence. And the gender scan is the same as any other scan you have had. All they are doing is seeing if they can see the sex of the baby.. Its just a normal scan. Enjoy it and dont worry!

Advertisement