Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Zyxel Router & uTorrent

• 17-08-2011 6:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭

Currently, whenever I run uTorrent and download a torrent, my Internet browsers (Chrome + FF) grinds to a complete stop and wont load pages. The wifi on my iPhone stills works fine and I can browse safari on that, and my flatmates laptops still can browse online. From looking around this seems to be to do with IP Flood detection.

Problem is, I have a crappy Eircom Zyxel modem. Does anyone know how to disable IP Flood detection on the Zyxel, or any other work around/solution that will allow me to use uTorrent and browse at the same thanks.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jonqwe

its a bit late but this works great

setup port fowarding http://portforward.com/
    and this http://www.zyxel.com/uk/en/support/knowledge_base/kb_detail_7330.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

I have the same issue it also happens with DayZ server browsers like DaZ Commander. I never tried port forwarding because uTorrent said network was ok but I'll give it a shot, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

that modem has a limited number of connections by default and once they are maxed out it effectively shuts down your internet access.
    go to the network and NAT section and set the number of connections to 4096 and it should fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

I just lowered my firewall and I never had any problems with uTorrent since even though I always leave it running 24/7.

Advertisement