Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating help!

• 17-08-2011 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got 305 needed 325 but anyway.

I will have to repeat so does points carry over. Like I don't really want to do english or say maths again will those points from prviously carry over if you don't redo them. I don't really want to do it all again. I would have to learn 2 yrs in one for English and learn new maths syllabus.

Please shed some light in my dark corner:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Aaron547

Hi, I got 305 needed 325 but anyway.

I will have to repeat so does points carry over. Like I don't really want to do english or say maths again will those points from prviously carry over if you don't redo them. I don't really want to do it all again. I would have to learn 2 yrs in one for English and learn new maths syllabus.

Please shed some light in my dark corner:(

sorry to inform you but they dont carry over but can be used as a minimum requirment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Can you drop subjects say down to four but will you then only be able to get 400 points max?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Can you drop subjects say down to four but will you then only be able to get 400 points max?:confused:

Basically yes. Points do not carry over but if you failed say English which you need to enter uni, you can repeat just that subject for Matriculation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You need to do 6 subjects at minimum, in one sitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

So basically I'm screwed. I'll have to learn 2 yrs of English in 1 and same for maths.

Fml 20 fooking points!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

So basically I'm screwed. I'll have to learn 2 yrs of English in 1 and same for maths.

Fml 20 fooking points!

Well how do you know you are 20 points short? The points are yet to be published...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I missed mine by 5 when I was applying so I know the feeling.

You can repeat your LC and do totally different subjects unless you failed a requirement for your course or to get into college. I changed several subjects and went up to honours in another. Had a good run of it second time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'll have to learn 2 yrs of English in 1

Not necessarily, Hamlet is on for 2012, as are Theme/Issue and General Vision and Viewpoint. The list of texts is here

Anyway, you don't know what the points for your course are going to be, so don't despair yet. They rise and fall every year. 325 points merely reflects the demand for that course last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You don't *have* to do English again, if you have it this year as a minimum requirement.

To maximise your points though you do need to take 6 subjects, you can't combine LCs for *points*.

And as others have said, don't just presume you've lost out until Monday ... I can understand that it's hard to be optimistic, but the luck might just be with you.

Advertisement