Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

map of bog

• 17-08-2011 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭

There is a turf bank belonging to the family which I imagine is a turbary rights ownership. The bank is very wet and we intend draining it. There is a small drain to one side which appears to be drained with a shovel/spade maybe 60 years ago. The issue is that this drain is not straight and I am lead to believe that at that time this was par for the course as it was very labour intensive and where the drain collapsed short cuts were taken and as a result drains were not straight.

The contractor who is doing the work has looked for a map to ensure there is no error when he is doing the work and he will be making this drain bigger.

Where could aI source a map which outlines the boundary, I doubt if the bank is registered in the family name but I would know from a map which bank was ours. Note there are about 20 owners (banks within the general setting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

Tha map may be on the deeds or area aid maps, If it is un registered there may be no maps. unless you know your neighbour and he agrees to straighten the drain (to both yere advantage), he may pay for half of costs, if not you may be better off just following the path of the old drain ( take pics before and after with year on pics) The land regestistry office in portlaoise may help u out ......... p.s within reason tell your employee (digger) what you want him to do for his pay dont give him a say on it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

You could try www.osi.ie.

Good interactive overlays on the old maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thegingerbear

OP you may need to get an Engineer to mark out the original boundary as it can be very difficult trying to establish extent of ownership from a map alone especially in a bog where there are no landmarks to work off. It could save you double work in case you encroach on the adjoining holdings and it will keep everyone happy. Am speaking from experience.

Advertisement