Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying a supplier. safest method???

Options
  • 17-08-2011 7:41pm

Hey Just looking for some help;)

Trying to find a safe method paying a supplier and the country in question does not have pay pal option open to it. And therefore this leaves me open to high risk. Does any body know how could I solve this problem?

I understand if I could use pal pay and they never send the goods i could perform a charge back.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hey Just looking for some help;)

Trying to find a safe method paying a supplier and the country in question does not have pay pal option open to it. And therefore this leaves me open to high risk. Does any body know how could I solve this problem?

I understand if I could use pal pay and they never send the goods i could perform a charge back.

Thanks

Paypal won't be of any use unless it's an ebay purchase, there is no real 100% safe way unless they send the goods first or if it's done through some kind of brokerage service who hold the traders funds until you confirm receipt.
    You need to be 100% sure who your dealing with. Have you done any research on the business are they based in the EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Talk to your bank. They have many options for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

Paypal won't be of any use unless it's an ebay purchase, there is no real 100% safe way unless they send the goods first or if it's done through some kind of brokerage service who hold the traders funds until you confirm receipt.
    I disagree with this. Paypal are useful for non eBay purchases, and in disputes, the purchaser seems to have more rights than the seller. I would recommend Paypal for purchasing from sites that look a little less secure or reputable.

To the OP: Can you ask your supplier, as this is the first purchase, to work on a deposit scheme? Or send a post-dated cheque? Or send a cheque that you say you will clear once the shipment arrives? Or ask your supplier to provide contact details for some previous customers who you can contact for references?
    I agree with drunkmonkey regarding research. Google is your friend, if people have had horror-stories with this supplier, it's quite likely that they might have ranted about it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Credit card or EFT

If you don't trust them to send you the goods then why are you doing business with them?

Advertisement