Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loud "bangs"?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm in Dublin 1 by the IFSC and for the past 3 days there have been massively loud bangs going off right up until 11:30pm.
    Any idea what this is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

dublin port?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Pile driving? How regular are they?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I work in the area. They sound like very loud halloween bangers! Explosive sounds, not pile-driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

They are bangers set off from the Sherriff Street area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

What does pile driving mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

It's basically hammering a giant support rod into the ground for use in building foundations.

The machine looks like this.

361px-Kafar_na_Odrze.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Bangers...from now until the of october...It's an inner city thing gone on years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Bangers - I saw scumbags throwing them at people on Wednesday on commons street near the junction with George's Dock. they were going off all day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bangers - I saw scumbags throwing them at people on Wednesday on commons street near the junction with George's Dock. they were going off all day

And when they're not doing that they're trying to blow up the local playgrounds one piece at a time. Oh the joys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is it really bangers or fireworks from Sherriff St? I have lived in the same area for 3 months now, and it has only been noticeable for the last few nights. Seems to be coming more from the front of my development (towards the Georges Dock LUAS stop) than it does the back, which is where Sherriff St is.

Can't see how pile driving could explain it. It is not loud banging like someone hitting something hard. It really does sound like something exploding. Not so bad tonight though. Fingers crossed the little shaggers are taking a break, or one of them blew himself up and his mates are having second thoughts about doing this for the crack. God help anyone around here who has small kids, and is trying to get them to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

On june 24th St Johns Eve they have bonfires in Cork.We call it bonna night on the night itself fireworks can be heard in parts of the city.However after that it quitens down untill about 3 weeks before halloween night.Is this a usual thing in certain parts of Dublin to start this crap in the middle of august?I guess it's just tough luck for the ordinary decent people that live there.Store Street garda station is nearby or is it just a waste of time calling those servants of the law whose wages we pay?

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Advertisement