Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8520 Curve or Nokia C3-00?

Options
  • 17-08-2011 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

My g/f is looking to get a new phone and is tied between these 2 and asked me to put up a thread for her. I bought the BB 8520 today and she was thinking of buying it on prepay in purple (of course :rolleyes:). She originally had her eye on the Nokia but after seeing m7 8520 earlier she's confused.

Just a quick back story for it's use. We're off travelling for a year and she will be unlocking the phone before we go. She'll be putting sim cards in as we travel (the sim cards from India and Thailand won't be BB enabled I'm guessing so the phone will just act as a texting and calling device during that time but she plans to insert a BB enabled sim card into it when we arrive in NZ so her mails will work on it). Personally, I think the BB is better but she likes the Pink :rolleyes: of the Nokia C3.

Any views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

gO FOR 8520

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

That's what I think although when I tell her she'll want reasons for and against. What are the main adv?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

All she'll need is emails, texting and calls with some light facebooking functionality too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Email on a Blackberry is very intuitive and very much instant unlike the nokia which would be slower to come through. Blackberry's also compress data through their servers and in relation to extra charges there isn't really any as on O2 you buy a data plan (as you would with the nokia) and the BIS is free. On meteor you buy a data plan specific for Blackberry and it comes with BIS. If you had a nokia you'd probably nee a similar data plan too.

Advertisement