Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC in LIMERICK?

• 17-08-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Looking for UPC broadband but want to talk direct! So is there any UPC customer centres in Limerick?
    Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

UPC were Chorus NTL as far as I know, they have a call centre in Roxboro. So just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

its a horrific customer service, my advices go with another provider!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Is there a competitor with comparable broadband speeds? They do have the best broadband around currently, customer service aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

They have the best by far, eircom are investing to catch up but wont have the same speeds for another 2 or more years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Have had broadband with them for a few years now, only two break downs in service in that period, recified in a day or so, customer service when you ring them with problem 5/10

Ones to go with if gaming so I'm told :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

If you can get UPC, do. They are in a different league to any rivals...

Had UPC for 2 years in our last house was brilliant, never needed customer service though so cant speak for that side of things. They don't cover all of the city though, and I don't have it in this house...

*Perhaps the fact that we never needed customer service is a good sign :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 irishlad2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I got it in on Tuesday, brilliant!!!! did a speed test earlier 22.98 mbps. sure beats 3 which I had for 4 years. past month it went to sugar hence me making the switch, never happier with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP i work in carphone warehouse, we are a seller of UPC also. if you would like someone to talk to face to face why not call in to one of the stores in limerick. If you take BB & Phone you will be get a €125 voucher to spend in store, sign up to all 3 services and you will get €250 voucher. PM me if you would like to know more.

Regards
    Dunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You can only get upc broadband if you are in a cabled area so be careful that its not just MMDS...which is useless when compared to the cable system as you cannot get the telephone or broadband service in these areas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was actually thinking of getting it in December when my current 12 months is up. I googled UPC and Carphone warehouse offer, and found the T&C.

http://www.upc.ie/retailoffer/
    Customers who successfully subscribe to and install one of the following UPC Bundles (as set out in point 1(a)) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store (the “Retailer”) between 9 May 2011 and 2 January 2012 can qualify (subject to availability and terms and conditions) for a gift card worth €250 to exchange against a free netbook with a RRP of €250 (model dependent on retailer, details available instore) or to spend against any product available from the Retailer.
    Customers who successfully subscribe to and install one of the following UPC Bundles (as set out in point 1(b)) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store (the “Retailer”) between 9 May 2011 and 2 January 2012 can qualify (subject to availability and terms and conditions) for a gift card worth €125 to exchange against a free HD TV with a RRP of €125 (model dependent on retailer, details available instore) or to spend against any product available from the Retailer. To be eligible for this gift card offer you must subscribe to one of the following UPC Bundle Services (or High Definition equivalent versions) in any Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys store; (Not valid with any other retail offers).

1.(a) New Customer TV, Broadband and Home Phone bundles; FIBRE STARTER, FIBRE ESSENTIAL, FIBRE ULTIMATE and all associated upgrades.

1.(b) Or add one of these Broadband and Home Phone bundles FIBRE POWER 25Mb, FIBRE POWER 50Mb, FIBRE POWER 100Mb and all associated upgrades.

2. For the avoidance of doubt, the UPC bundle services set out in clause 1(a) apply to new customers only and services set out in clause 1(b) apply to existing & non UPC TV customers.
    3. All services within the UPC bundle must be successfully installed in order to be eligible for this offer.
    4. Agreement of sale will be made only on proof of correct customer identity, bank account details and payment by Direct Debit.
    5. Confirmation of your order will include a ticket number, this is your reference for your order. If you have ordered products in Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys, have yet to be installed, and would like to make any changes, please call our retail support desk on 1890 940 635 and quote your ticket number. This number is available Monday to Sunday between the hours of 12pm to 6pm.
    6. Following the successful installation of your UPC bundle, UPC will notify the relevant Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store where you ordered from.
    7. NOTE: This is a Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys offer and Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys are responsible for sending the eligible customer the €125 or €250 gift card by post within 30 days following successful installation of the UPC bundle service. Any queries in relation to this offer or the payment of the €125 or €250 gift cards should be directed to the Carphone Warehouse, D.I.D Electrical, PC World or Currys Store directly or via the UPC retail support team on retailsales@upc.ie quoting your ticket or UPC account number.
    8. NOTE: UPC and its affiliates do not accept any liability whatsoever and howsoever arising directly or indirectly from an individual/customer’s participation in this offer or the payment of the €125/€250 gift card by the Retailer.
    9. This offer is subject to availability, and runs from 9 May 2011 and 2 January 2012.
    10. The gift card can be used to purchase any product offered by the Retailer you ordered your UPC bundle from. The gift card can only be redeemed in the Retailer you ordered your UPC bundle from.
    11. All previous versions of this offer are no longer valid following the commencement of this offer.
    12. These terms and conditions are in addition to and do not replace the standard terms and conditions associated with your UPC subscription. To view these terms please click here.

Doesn't look too bad actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

Getting through depends how busy they are but the agents in technical support know there stuff and will help you out as long as its a upc problem and not a pc issue.As for speeds go for 50mb bb with the thompson wifi router just make sure your network card is a n car and can handle the 50mb wifi speeds.

Advertisement