Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused!

• 17-08-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

Hi people, sorry to crash the party a bit, but I've just had a terrible dawning...

....oh and by the way WELL DONE all :D;)!!!

My question is, do Maths, Irish, Foriegn language or English have to be included in your top 6?

So for example, can I take my best results any combination, like History, Economics, Business, English, Irish and Physics, and not include Maths or French?

I'm sitting my leaving next year and am thinking my plan has been ruined!
    (I'm weak at Maths/French)

Tks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Your top 6 subjects are counted regardless of what they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Thanks a million! I was under that impression until my mother watching the news shouted up to me and started querying my decision to drop to pass maths next year. She was all like "irish, french, maths etc have to be included!".

...almost had a heartattack i tells ya.

And BTW I've stalked these threads for a few years now and bumped into your posts many a time. You always came across as more organized and prepared then I could ever be, so it was great to see you did so well, well deserved! Enjoy college life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nope, there's a difference between minimum requirements (which for many courses must include maths, English, etc) and the subjects counted for points.

In the latter case, it's the top 6 subjects which are counted, as party said.

Advertisement