Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Power Supply - Netopia Router

Options
  • 17-08-2011 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

Hi

Just now, I went to unplug my Netopia Router and the entire backing on the plug came away leaving the inside exposed. The inside is extremely hot and I have the singed fingertips to prove it. Dodgy to say the least. The modem has only been plugged out a couple of times in it's lifetime and is not very old.

Will eircom provide me with a new power supply?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Boxoffrogs wrote: »
    Hi

Just now, I went to unplug my Netopia Router and the entire backing on the plug came away leaving the inside exposed. The inside is extremely hot and I have the singed fingertips to prove it. Dodgy to say the least. The modem has only been plugged out a couple of times in it's lifetime and is not very old.

Will eircom provide me with a new power supply?

Hi

Thanks for contacting eircom's Forum on Boards.

From what you say, you should immediately refrain from using your modem. If the power source is unsafe to use this is very dangerous.

If you PM your phone number or eircom Account number I can check if your modem is still under warrantee. Normally this is for the 12 months on your initial eircom contract.

If your modem is older than this, then it is likely that the modem is no longer under warrantee.

It would be necessary to change the whole modem, rather than a specific part (or the power adaptor). For one, each modem will be tested individually by the vendor and associated with it's power adaptor. Also, it will be much quicker to replace the whole modem unit.

eircom offers the following options regarding replacement modems :

1) If you agree to continue with your current eircom contract for 12 months, you can avail of a new free replacement wireless modem. If you wish to do this, just PM your mobile contact phone number (for the courier) and advise that you wish to continue with a new 12 months contract.

2) You have the option of purchasing a new replacement modem from Broadband Sales (1800503303 - freefone); or can purchase this online at a 50% reduced cost (€49.99) on eircom Product Accessories website LINK

3) You can purchase your own adsl broadband modem.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Thanks Ant, PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Sorry to have to reopen this thread.

New modem works fine except for gaming on xbox.

I have set the firewall to low and Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User to 4096, however, we are getting constantly disconnected from xbox live. Is there any tricks I am missing or is this modem just incompatible with xbox live?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Boxoffrogs wrote: »
    Sorry to have to reopen this thread.

New modem works fine except for gaming on xbox.

I have set the firewall to low and Max NAT/Firewall Session Per User to 4096, however, we are getting constantly disconnected from xbox live. Is there any tricks I am missing or is this modem just incompatible with xbox live?

Thanks

Hi Boxoffrogs
    no you should be able to connect xbox. Have a look at this FAQs and tips regarding xbox connection to eircom. Link here.
    If still unable to connect give our tech support team a cal on 1890260260.
    Hope this helps.
    Tony

Advertisement