Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaker's Yard for Old Campers

• 17-08-2011 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Howdy all?

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who would know where I might get some parts for a Talbot Express camper. The parts I'm after are the same on a Fiat Ducato, Citreon C25, and certain Peugeot Boxsters. Breakers would be ideal. All help really appreciated,

Cheers,

Alesi27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

scarce... what exactly do you need? I have some parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

THanks for the reply. I'm looking for the wiper mechanism [the one on my van is seized]. I also need one or both door mirrors [the larger type mounted at the top and middle of the forward door frame and also an exhaust pipe.
    The main item at the moment is the wipers - the others aren't essential but will need replacing.

Cheers,

Alesi27

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ALO34

Hi I'm looking for the piece under the front grill if you have anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I've always managed to free the spindles up... or is it the motor? If so you can fit the one from a 94 on ducato .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

You could always put out a request on breakeryard.com or 1stchoice.co.uk ... you may get lucky.

Door mirrors you should get on ebay

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Alesi27

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I was actually away for a few days with the camper there so only got around to going online now. I got the wipers freed up - it was the spindles as it turned out and not the motor so that's good.

Re: the bit under the grille there's an old Talbot Freeway at the camper dealers near Arklow which he's breaking and you might get your piece of that - hope it helps.

Cheers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I'm looking for a Glow Plug Relay from an old Mercedes van, the one I have clicks in but doesn't cut the power to the plugs once she's warmed up. Eventually blows all the plugs due to them being heated all the time while driving. I've been plugging the relay in and out to avoid blowing the plugs as a workaround for now. Would like to go the OEM route and keep the van original rather than wiring a switch/push button etc directly to the plugs.

Part Number is: 007 545 9932

Anyone know where I'd pick one up? I've tried a few breakers but none have the old Mercedes vans...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tradtshirt

If you are ever looking for new or 2nd hand parts for the late 80s early 90s campers built on T Express, C25, Ducato, Peugeot J5 (all same van) Try the french ebay and search on "j5 pieces" - i.e. j5 parts

eg
    http://pieces-auto.shop.ebay.fr/Camion-et-Utilitaire-Pieces-/89440/i.html?_nkw=j5

google translate can fill in the gaps in your junior cert french!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

stevire wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Glow Plug Relay from an old Mercedes van,

Part Number is: 007 545 9932

Anyone know where I'd pick one up? I've tried a few breakers but none have the old Mercedes vans...

This part is also found in the W124 250D and in the 190D. From my experience most of these cars are stripped off mechanical parts when they reach a breakers as they are very sought after in Africa etc. A new one should cost you less than €100 and are available online.

Advertisement