Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Engineer Code Needed

Options
  • 17-08-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,
    Moved into a new house today. Its fitted with a HKC SW812 and appears to be Engineer Locked.

I am trying to set a new user code.

When I enter the code we were given by the last owners it arms straight away. I do not get any menu.

Would anyone be able to tell me the Engineer Code from the name of the installer or is there any other way I can get this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

dkane wrote: »
    Hi,
    Moved into a new house today. Its fitted with a HKC SW812 and appears to be Engineer Locked.

When I enter the code we were given by the last owners it arms straight away. I do not get any menu.

Would anyone be able to tell me the Engineer Code from the name of the installer or is there any other way I can get this?

Your user menu has not being set up to allow you change the code. You will need an engineer to reset the system to have this set up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Thanks altor for the quick reply.
    Does it need to be the same company who installed the alarm or do the installers know the codes that the other companies use?
    I believe that the original installer has gone out of business.

I read on some threads that the Engineer code is written in the alarm control box beside the PCB? Do the installers do this or is it just the default code that is usually written there?

Thanks
    dkane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi,

Who installed it? I am sure there are a lot of guys here who know a lot of engineer codes.

Maybe best to PM one of the Dublin lads if it is in their area, they may be able to assist you on this. By all means if you are in Cork, try me.

Thanks altor for the quick reply.
    Does it need to be the same company who installed the alarm or do the installers know the codes that the other companies use?
    I believe that the original installer has gone out of business.

I read on some threads that the Engineer code is written in the alarm control box beside the PCB? Do the installers do this or is it just the default code that is usually written there?

Thanks
    dkane

Your welcome,

That code is just the default code on the PCB. It would of being changed by the installer of the system. You could get any other installer to do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

The original installer was Securicom.

• Advertisement

Engineer codes protect all the information and settings on your system regardless of a company going out of business. Your best be is to ring around a few local companys to get them to reset the system for you. Also get them to set up an engineer code that you can have access to settings if you want to change them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mullerrice

If the engineer code is locked into the system - There system cannot be defaulted. If you power do the system and remove the jumper link in the middle of the main pcb and re power system it will ask you if you want to default, If it does not ask you this means the system is ENGINEER LOCKED - Therefore is useless. USER 1111 ENG 4567

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Engineer lock protects the system from easily being defeated. The default method of powering down and removing the link is pretty much common knowledge. I personally wouldn't be happy with that vulnerability on any of my systems.
    How is your system now useless?

mullerrice wrote: »
    If the engineer code is locked into the system - There system cannot be defaulted. If you power do the system and remove the jumper link in the middle of the main pcb and re power system it will ask you if you want to default, If it does not ask you this means the system is ENGINEER LOCKED - Therefore is useless. USER 1111 ENG 4567

I would not say it is useless, any engineer should be able to reset this system..

altor wrote: »
    I would not say it is useless, any engineer should be able to reset this system.

Well no. not any enginner could do it, any engineer with the engineer code. if the panel is engineer locked then without that code the panel will not default.

Koolkid you obviously put engineer lock on to prevent any customers getting any other company to takeover your system, as for common knowledge - well you dont know what your talking about.

Therefore you locking your systems ties the customer to your system

Am i right ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

mullerrice wrote: »

Well no. not any enginner could do it, any engineer with the engineer code. if the panel is engineer locked then without that code the panel will not default.

Koolkid you obviously put engineer lock on to prevent any customers getting any other company to takeover your system, as for common knowledge - well you dont know what your talking about.

Therefore you locking your systems ties the customer to your system

Am i right ?
    Speaking as an installer
    Wrong on all counts..
    Any (Good) Engineer will be able to reset the panel for you. Regardless of it being engineer locked.With that in mind please explain how I
    obviously put engineer lock on to prevent any customers getting any other company to takeover your system
    ???:confused:
    Any customer can have any company look after their alarm.
    Before coming out with such ridicicious statements may I suggest you do some research.
    Heres a little help for you.
    Regular defaulting is common knowledge
    Because this information is in the public domain is the only reason why I engineer lock panels. If you bothered to look over some of my previous posts you will see I will happily unlock panels with no call out charge.
    I only done one on friday for a user here.
    Speaking as a moderator
    If you are looking for some help from this forum I would advise you take a bit of time to look over it & get to know the people.
    Most here are happy to help & do so for nothing. Thats what Boards is all about. If you come in all heavy & making wild allegations you wont get much help from anyone.
    Play nice.;)

KoolKid wrote: »
    Speaking as an installer
    Wrong on all counts..
    Any (Good) Engineer will be able to reset the panel for you. Regardless of it being engineer locked.With that in mind please explain how I
    ???:confused:
    Any customer can have any company look after their alarm.
    Before coming out with such ridicicious statements may I suggest you do some research.
    Heres a little help for you.
    Regular defaulting is common knowledge
    Because this information is in the public domain is the only reason why I engineer lock panels. If you bothered to look over some of my previous posts you will see I will happily unlock panels with no call out charge.
    I only done one on friday for a user here.
    Speaking as a moderator
    If you are looking for some help from this forum I would advise you take a bit of time to look over it & get to know the people.
    Most here are happy to help & do so for nothing. Thats what Boards is all about. If you come in all heavy & making wild allegations you wont get much help from anyone.
    Play nice.;)

Bollocks.

You are clearly not able to discuss things in a rational and adult manner.
    I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because your new here.
    Locking this thread & giving you a weeks ban .
    If you return with the same attitue that will be permanant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement