Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city accomodation

Options
  • 17-08-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi. My girlfriend and I would like to visit Galway city centre next Saturday night but we are finding that the prices for a double room is 100e+.

We even looked at a double room in hostels but we baulked at the prices, 70e for a double room. We'd pay that much for a double room in a hotel, but not for a room in a hostel!

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get myself a good deal? Have tried a lot of search engines but they all more or less have the same results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

I would highly recommend a guest house. Theyre ten a penny around Galway and I stayed in one recently with my boyfriend, it was 60e for a double room with breakfast included. Only a short stroll from Eyre Square aswell. Great value. Try College Road, very close to Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Get In There

Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask what was the name of the B+B??

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

The B&B is aptly called Galway Budget Accommodation and boasts an outdoor hot tub(!). We basically pulled up outside and there were plenty of vacancies. There are no frills, but it's a nice (cheap) place to throw down your head. Breakfast included. http://www.galwaybudgetaccommodation.com/Contact_Us.html

Advertisement