Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Modding help :)

Options
  • 18-08-2011 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Ive decided its about time I learned to flash my own 360 as MS become more frequent in their efforts to stop the firmware mods. I have a 360 with an old Hitatchi drive (2006) which was flashed by someone from here ages ago (even before wave 3 games hit) so its using an outdated version of iXtreme. Basically what I want to find out is:

1. What is the easiest method for me to update the firmware? I have an old PC but would consider getting the 360USB Pro if it made my life easier.

2. When im reading guides theres lots of mention of the drives key etc. Basically can I flash the drive back to stock then reflash it without needing any information from the person who modded it previously?

3.Will Jungleflasher be able to perform these tasks for me?

Thanks for any help :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

iMuse wrote: »
    Hi guys. Ive decided its about time I learned to flash my own 360 as MS become more frequent in their efforts to stop the firmware mods. I have a 360 with an old Hitatchi drive (2006) which was flashed by someone from here ages ago (even before wave 3 games hit) so its using an outdated version of iXtreme. Basically what I want to find out is:

1. What is the easiest method for me to update the firmware? I have an old PC but would consider getting the 360USB Pro if it made my life easier.

2. When im reading guides theres lots of mention of the drives key etc. Basically can I flash the drive back to stock then reflash it without needing any information from the person who modded it previously?

3.Will Jungleflasher be able to perform these tasks for me?

Thanks for any help :D

The x360usb or Maximus will definitely make the job easier, you'll need a ck3 attached to a spare molex connection on your PC or you can use your Xbox 360 to power the drive and a compatible sata card, for hitachi drives you need to get it into mode b for reading/writing to the flash chip you can do this by booting your PC with Slax in the cd rom drive and having your Xbox 360 powered on, for simplicity I recommend getting either a maximus or x360usb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 rossy

If you are only going to do your own 360 drive then i recommend getting a 6421 sata card as its far cheaper than Lizard or X360USB. There is one for sale on adverts Here and its in Ireland so it will be quick shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Thanks for the replies, Ill prob get the USB Pro. Will jungleflasher be able to do the flashing back to stock and reflashing for me? Anything I need to be careful of?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

iMuse wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies, Ill prob get the USB Pro. Will jungleflasher be able to do the flashing back to stock and reflashing for me? Anything I need to be careful of?

No not really it will be as simple as following the Jungleflasher guides. Just put the firmware files in the Firmware folder and Jungleflasher will do it's thing.

Advertisement