Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help looking for something to entertain myself, my wife and the kids.

Options
  • 18-08-2011 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Probably been a million threads like this on the Dublin forum already but I am looking for things to do in the city with 2 kids aged 6 and 3. We plan on going to funtasia etc but I am looking for advice on nice restaurants and free things to keep the kids happy. Any help much appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bubs99

Discoverireland.ie

Or even just google...free things to do in Dublin

The Botanical Gardens in Glasnevin are fab and the kids can watch the squirrels looking for food and the fish in the lakes etc. Also theres a fab cafe restaurant there that does great deals.

Theres a kids art section in the national gallery of ireland and the national history museum is awesome, LOADS to see, real life size animals etc.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Go and feed the ducks/swans on the canal always killed time, used to do it everyday for a week when I had to babysit my cousin before.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if you are going to be there on a saturday, you could go and visit the aras - its free.

there is also a great children's playgroup there.

or head over to Farmleigh, usually loads of free things on there are the weekend.

have a look at their website

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Maybe you've done this already but the National Library of Ireland, National Gallery and National Museum (all Kildare St area) all have kids' activities, and all free. My nephew loves the "Dead Zoo" (Natural History Museum). National Museum in Collins Barracks is also free in.

Further afield parks in North County Dublin are v popular with families - bring a picnic - Ardgillan, Newbridge House (kids like the farm there and you can barbecue there if you want) and Malahide. All three have very good playgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Agree about Newbridge House - fantastic. I bought my two fishing nets and we're going to go to the local river and fish.

St. Annes Park in Raheny was great - they have a farmers market on Saturday, but there's loads of exploring to be done. There's a playground (not a patch on Newbridge but the kids still enjoyed it) and there's also picnic areas and a nice little cafe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement