Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Jaybird" - Lauri and Jaakko (?) Ahonen.

Options
  • 18-08-2011 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭

This has been doing the rounds on Twitter today (somewhat appropriately, as you'll see), and it blew me away, so I just want to pass it on to as many people as possible, because it knocked my socks off.

A dude over on Something Awful is posting his gorgeous little comic about "a little jaybird who lives in a big house almost by himself". If any of you guys are over on SA, do me a favour and relay my sincere kudos, this is cracking.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3424156&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I'm not that makes it count as a webcomic, but it blew me away, so I really wanted to see if anybody else is keeping an eye on it.

It's not complete yet, but my gosh, it's really something. The largely text-free storytelling is really elegantly judged, and the artwork is stunning. I love the use of strong lines from the walls, boards and hallways to frame everything, and that little jaybird is about fifty times more expressive than most humans.

ldSrW.jpg

f8Chi.jpg

BM0O8.jpg

That guy needs his own site or his own Kickstarter fund pronto, really impressive stuff. A few comics I used to love have taken a bit of a nosedive lately, so this really made me sit bolt upright when I saw it earlier.

Anyway, check it out if you haven't already, I'm nerding out pretty hard about it. Holy cow.

Advertisement