Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 month internship/work visa

• 18-08-2011 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

i am currently on a j1 at the moment, i will be traveling home at the end of october, i am currently organising a 12 month internship, tho it will be unpaid. as my field of study is music management, it is near impossible to get a paid job, so internship is the way to go, do u need to prove that u have access to $1000 a month or is that just something they dont check out,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You need to prove you have access to funds, it might be a bit less than $1k a month though. Your sponsor company should be able to provide you with more information on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

They'll want to know how you can afford to live there. There is no hard and fast monetary limit for this visa, but you need to proof you can pay rent (or a letter from a friend that you can live there for free), and have money for bills, a car etc.

Advertisement