Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best watch dog?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

fiona12 wrote: »
    Defo German Sheperd, no one will come close to my house with her! And they are so easy to train & very intelligent

Really :eek:

I think we left our guys brains at the breeders :rolleyes:

Hes the furthest thing from a guard dog I know, our cat would be a better guard cat lol

(I think i've just spoiled him :o)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

if i were you since it seems like you want a big watchdog id look into something like a bullmastiff, they are unbelievable watch dogs. no one will enter if they see a 90-120lb bullmastiff staring at them, apart from them id pick a doberman or rottweiller

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

Worztron wrote: »
    What would be the best small guard/watch dog? A dog about the size of a Jack Russell Terrier?

mini bull terrier would be good to go for but they are very very rare and quiet pricey,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

My little girl is brilliant. She is a shihtzu. The slightest noise that are not detectable to humans and she is on it... But to look at her, she is like a teddy. She lies about all day having a snooze but as soon as she hears someone or something...she goes into protective mode.

I have to stay in my house alone while my bf sometimes works nights and I'm no where near as worries anymore as I have her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Goldenegg wrote: »
    My little girl is brilliant. She is a shihtzu. The slightest noise that are not detectable to humans and she is on it... But to look at her, she is like a teddy. She lies about all day having a snooze but as soon as she hears someone or something...she goes into protective mode.

I have two Lhasas - they're the same, fluffy and cute but if they hear something/someone, every will know about it. They're very protective especially of my mother.
    They used to bark like mad when the postman would call at the door, one day my mother told him to look down the hallway at the 'monsters', soon as he did they legged it :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement