Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DT Spoke Freeze in Dublin

• 18-08-2011 8:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

A big ask, but does anyone know if one of the bike shops in Dublin stock DT Swiss Spoke Freeze? Failing that, a good online source (that doesn't charge €10 a shipping for 2x10ml : Parker and Actionsports)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Its very hard stuff to get some times even madison(the main dt swiss distributor) in the uk rarely have it in stock! I used to use it alot but have now changed to using linseed oil for builds and find it great,you can get dt swiss pro lock nipples fairly handy online but they are aluminium which I dont like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Have you ever tried loctite 222? It's much easier to get and seems not to be too strong. Quite a few seem to use it. I don't think it's viscous enough to be ideal but it should still do if I had to use something.
    The only reason I'm looking for this is that the NDS/DS tension is around 44% which is making me consider it for the NDS spokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

It should be about 60% depending on the wheel,what wheel is it and is it new or old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

use loctite 222 , you ll get that most motor factors halfords places like that

any of the stronger glues you run the rest of not getting the nipple off and rounding it

• Advertisement

your probably doing it already but just incase you dont, when you tension the spoke go half a turn back to relieve the twist on the spoke espically with round spokes, im having a look around now to see if i can find a bottle for you will have it at the league race

Holyboy wrote: »
    It should be about 60% depending on the wheel,what wheel is it and is it new or old?

It's a new build. It's as expected based on the choice of hub + cross pattern (2x both sides)
    N, total number of spokes	24
    ERD, effective rim diameter	586.0
    OSB, offset spoke bed	0.0
    WL, width from center to left flange	38.0
    WR, width from center to right flange	16.5
    dL, left flange diameter	38.0
    dR, right flange diameter	49.0
    S, spoke hole diameter	2.7

levitronix wrote: »
    use loctite 222 , you ll get that most motor factors halfords places like that
    Farnell and Radionics have it too ... Handy

Advertisement