Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games will you be getting?

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭

I just wanted to make a list of the big games coming out between now and Christmas and was interested in seeing what is the most popular (possible Game of the Year?). One thing getting the money for these (a bank loan should sort that :)) but where the hell are you supposed to find the time for it!

PS. I left some games out even I will be getting -NBA 2K12, Resi 4 HD, etc but just wanted a poll for the most popular. Please feel free to add any other games you will be getting.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 26/08

Driver: San Francisco - 02/09

Dead Island - 09/09

Gears of War 3 - 20/09

Fifa 12 - 30/09

Rage - 07/10

Forza Motorsport 4 - 14/10

Batman: Arkham City - 21/10

Battlefield 3 - 28/10

Uncharted 3 - 02/11

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11

Modern Warfare 3 - 11/11

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 18/11

Saints Row: The Third - 18/11

What games will you be getting? 758 votes

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    0%
    Driver: San Francisco
    10%
    MaximilianSir Digby Chicken CaesarCloverDont be at yourselfnesfSpearkonekosuper_furryCreatureCivilServantRobertFosterSarnRi_NollaigSkerriesZuluKiithcalex71DacelonidJazzy[Deleted User] 76 votes
    Dead Island
    1%
    ZuluNewaglishxtal191blaze1HogzyPotential-MonkejgalvinJames74BonavoxstarviewadamsGrumpypantsirish_stevo815Bonesy. 13 votes
    Gears of War 3
    5%
    ShiminaySpearkonekoCreatureKiithcalex71Jazzy[Deleted User]UndeadMacker1Ravage1616chrisladBig KnoxLiber8orGarHxtal191zero19MagillhollywoodhoppyF1ngers 44 votes
    Fifa 12
    5%
    VenomCloverkonekoRobertFosterOtaconTomCosinkUndeadjcrowbarchrisladdjkeoghGarHMr. KnotahappycamperhollywoodhoppyGran HermanoTaltosMark HamillAldebaranGunmonkey 43 votes
    Rage
    5%
    Dont be at yourselfsuper_furryKiithNailzWarZoneBrotherthorbarryxtal191s_carnagehollywoodhoppyblaze1Sephiroth_dudeKev_ps3MitchKoobskiDunnymcgoochCarrollerdmcg90PennDARK-KNIGHTCelly Smunt 39 votes
    Forza Motorsport 4
    4%
    ShiminayMaximilianRev HellfireVenomDont be at yourselfsuper_furryCivilServantKiithcalex71JazzycadeaTomCosinkLiber8orGarH5uspectxtal191B0Xmarco_polonotahappycamper 35 votes
    Batman: Arkham City
    2%
    VenomkonekoRi_NollaigMitch Connorzero19hollywoodhoppyblaze1ktulu123Potential-Monkequattro777ShadowHearthDARK-KNIGHTHarpsCelly SmuntNTMKPhilco71Grumpypantsnoworries 18 votes
    Battlefield 3
    13%
    ShiminayVenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarCloverDont be at yourselfSpearkonekoCreatureRobertFosterSkerriesZuluKiithcalex71Dacelonid[Deleted User]cadeaVyseOtaconalastair_doomchopperbyrne 102 votes
    Uncharted 3
    15%
    ShiminayMaximilianVenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarCloverDont be at yourselfnesfSpearkonekosuper_furryCreatureDcullyCivilServantRi_NollaigSkerriesKilOitZuluKiithseanybikerDacelonid 115 votes
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    9%
    CloverDont be at yourselfkonekoRobertFosterSkerriesKiith[Deleted User]Otaconmystic86Mitch ConnorsinkUndeadNewaglishMacker1WarZoneBrotherthorbarryGenghiz CohenBig KnoxGarHMr. K 71 votes
    Modern Warfare 3
    13%
    MaximilianRev HellfireVenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarClovernesfSpearkonekosuper_furryCreatureDcullyCivilServantSarnRi_NollaigSkerriesZuluKiithcalex71seanybikerJazzy 101 votes
    Saints Row: The Third
    8%
    VenomCloverDont be at yourselfSpearsuper_furryZulualastair_doomTomCoMitch ConnorsinkNailzchrisladWarZoneBrotherBig KnoxLiber8orGarHxtal191zero19budhabobnotahappycamper 63 votes
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    5%
    ShiminayVenomSir Digby Chicken CaesarCloverRobertFostercalex71seanybikerVysealastair_doomUndeadWarZoneBrotherxtal191budhabobblaze1Sephiroth_dudeGunmonkeyxo_CHEWY_oxPotential-Monkequattro777Sod'o swords 38 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Zelda Skyward Sword, Starfox 3D and Mario 3D for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Modern Warfare 3
    Space Marine, Deus Ex - HR and Skyrim for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 for me and I've already pre-ordered and paid for BF3 on Origin so my winter gaming shouldn't be too expensive.
    For the first November in a long while I wont be getting Call of Duty. I'm breaking that addiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

After completing the first and loving every second, I'll definitely get Arkham City. Gears 3 is a maybe, in that I know what to expect but they are a "guilty pleasure".

Dead Island looks like Fallout combined with Borderlands so I might just rent it. Rage had promise but it's Doom\Fallout with dune buggy racing.

Deus Ex.............I'll have to see as well. I loved the pc games so the new one better do them justice..........or else! Or else what? Exactly.

The rest can feck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr E wrote: »
    Zelda Skyward Sword, Starfox 3D and Mario 3D for me.

Apologies Mr. E, when I was checking gamefaqs for the list of games, forgot about checking Nintendo, noob move :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Modern Warfare 3
    I'm getting 9 of them. The next few months are going to ****ing kill my bank balance.

Dead Island
    Fifa 12
    Rage
    Batman: Arkham City
    Battlefield 3
    Uncharted 3

Well I still can't decide to kick off the gaming season with either Dead Island Or Deus Ex. Batman is an absolute must. Uncharted 3 for obvious reasons and then Ass Creed and Saints Row on the same day???? Santa's gonna have to make a stop to the local gameshop!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So many that I want to get......Will prob have to make do with FIFA 12 for a little while.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Gonna be a busy autumn, that's for sure.

Gonna be a busy autumn, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls is the only game I'll be getting on release.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm on the fence about Dead Island (leaning towards yes though) and hadn't been thinking about Deus Ex at all really and am even less inclined to spend any money on it after the news yesterday.

Definites though:
    • Rage
    • Batman: Arkham City
    • Battlefield 3
    • Saints Row: The Third
    • Assassin's Creed: Revelations

I can't decide which I'm looking forward to most because they're all ticking a different box in my gaming fun centres of the brain :D

Ya Shiminay, I honestly can't tell whats gonna get GOTY out of that lot alone, never mind the games at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Pretty much all of them, except FIFA and Forza

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

elder scrolls
    battlefield 3
    cod mw3
    uncharted 3

i will probably buy a few more as well , but will be getting the above

also will be getting the new zelda for the wii. that is what i am most looking forward to really.

there are so many games all coming at the same time. going to be an expensive few months feeding my habit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Modern Warfare 3
    Deus Ex, Dead Island, Arkham City (although I still have to play the first, I've watched my brother play through it), Skyrim (I just hope it's not a letdown like Oblivion, which was still fun though) and Dark Souls (although Demon's Souls constantly kicks my ass).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Modern Warfare 3
    Dark Souls and Uncharted 3 are pre-ordered but bar those I'm waiting on reviews of Deus Ex, Dead Island, Skyrim and Rage before I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll be honest, my mate will buy almost all the games I want to play, I reckon i'll just split the cost or buy them off him when he wants to trade 'em in.

Skyward Sword and Batman would be top of the list. I still haven't played Uncharted 2 or finished Gears 2 yet. Or Donkey Kong Country Returns!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dark Souls and DoDonPachi Resurrection are probably the "must-buys" for the remainder of the year for me, along with Uncharted 3 (a series I'd be surprised if anyone actively disliked), Skyward Sword and Arkham City.

After that, all depends on funds at the time I guess. Wouldn't mind picking up a copy of Persona 2 PSP for the collection, and Gears of War is always a guilty pleasure. I have little to no interest in another military shooter, but Battlefield 3 does look more exciting than the norm. And I feel like I've invested so much time in Assassin's Creed it would be rude not to continue...

Urghh, that's a lot of games :(

Do ye think the GOTY is in that list? The only other game I could think of released earlier that would be a contendor is Portal 2 but don't think it will win. I think officially Uncharted 3 will probably win it but personally out of that list, I think Batman is gonna be my GOTY.

Surprised Saints Row 3 isn't doing better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I plan on getting

deus ex
    rage
    skyrim
    fifa 12 (maybe)
    sr3

thats it maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Dead Island, Gears of War 3, Rage, Batman: Arkham City, Battlefield 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do ye think the GOTY is in that list? The only other game I could think of released earlier that would be a contendor is Portal 2 but don't think it will win. I think officially Uncharted 3 will probably win it but personally out of that list, I think Batman is gonna be my GOTY.

Dark Souls isn't on the list so no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Uncharted 3
    Will definitely be getting Batman and Assassins Creed. Will also pick up Battlefield 3 and Deus Ex, but will wait for the price to drop on those first.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Modern Warfare 3
    Ahh probably Deus Ex next week if reviews are solid, then BF3 & Skyrim when they come out :D. Would love to get Batman as well and Dead Island too (also depending on reviews) but man I just don't got dat paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Resistance 3
    MW3
    UC3

???? anything with 3 in it.:rolleyes:

Will probably pick up Battlefield 3 as well.

Xenoblade tomorrow,
    Fifa 12
    Rage
    Battlefield 3

A couple of months ago I would have said Gears of War 3 too, but after playing Vanquish, I can't go back to the slow and dull pace of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Do ye think the GOTY is in that list?

As Retr0 said, you left out GOTY by not including Dark Souls.

I'm in two minds about MW3, might wait a while before getting it.

I plan on getting Dark Souls on release.
    From your list, I'll get BF3, U3 and Dead Island.

Others I plan on getting are Ico/SotC HD, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD, Resistance 3, MGS HD and Child of Eden.

I still have to pick up Shadow of the Damned and Alice: Madness Returns.

Is demon souls really gonna be that good? Cuz I really can't afford to be adding any other games to my list :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is demon souls really gonna be that good? Cuz I really can't afford to be adding any other games to my list :)

Have you not played Demon's Souls yet? Seriously, get it. And then when Dark Souls comes out, get that too.

Demon's Souls is pretty much stuck in my PS3 for the last few weeks(playing a lot offline for PBWT).

Advertisement