Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games will you be getting?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    No, never played it but always see it mentioned on these boards. Jaysus, another game i'll have to check out! Think it will go on the back burner til after Christmas tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Battlefield 3
    Deus Ex and Batman for sure, Battlefield 3 and Dead Island look interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Definitely: FIFA 12, Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Resistance 3 and a couple of HD collections probably.

Should keep me busy for about a year :D.

Maybe: Driver and Dead Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Uncharted 3 is a definite and possibly Rage if I have money when it comes out. Theres too many good games coming out this year, I can think of at least seven other things Id like to get if only I could afford them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is demon souls really gonna be that good? Cuz I really can't afford to be adding any other games to my list :)

Demon's Souls is pretty much the best game of this generation for me. If you can handle a challenge, and to be honest the games difficulty is blown way out of proportion, then it's a must buy. Don't listen to those tools from Giantbomb either that don't have a clue.

• Advertisement

Okay, just been reading up on Demons Souls and it sounds class! The MP bit of seeing ghosts of other players fighting and dying sounds mad. It looks like Oblivion with more sword chopping and less yapping, would that be correct? Wonder If I could pick it up cheap now.

How long does it take to clear? Because there are one or 2 games coming out soon that I want to play :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's nothing like oblivion. Oblivion is a huge open world while Demon's Souls is a more linear and focused game. The game is very combat based.

The game takes a while to clear, probably about 40 hours. Also the first level can take a while to beat until you learn how to play the game properly but it's worth it. Just remember you're going to die a lot but dying is part of the game and don't feel ashamed at getting help from the Demon's Souls wiki which is an invaluable source fo information!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Okay, just been reading up on Demons Souls and it sounds class! The MP bit of seeing ghosts of other players fighting and dying sounds mad. It looks like Oblivion with more sword chopping and less yapping, would that be correct? Wonder If I could pick it up cheap now.

How long does it take to clear? Because there are one or 2 games coming out soon that I want to play :D

I've seen videos of it being cleared in an hour. Speed run by people who know the game inside out.
    But you would do well to get to the first boss in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, i'll be getting them all bar Fifa.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 26/08 - Going to wait for a few reviews before i pick it up, so not a release day purchase.

Driver: San Francisco - 02/09 - I loved the previous Driver games, but again i'll be waiting a while before picking this up.

Dead Island - 09/09 - Again, wait for a few reviews, not a release day purchase.

Gears of War 3 - 20/09 - I'll wait a while to get this, as i only want it to complete the trilogy and finish the story, MP doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Rage - 07/10 - Again, i'll wait a while to pick this up i'd say, but if i haven't picked up any of the previous games here, it may be a release day purchase.

Forza Motorsport 4 - 14/10 - In 2 minds about purchasing this on release day, probably wont, but i will pick it up at some stage.

Batman: Arkham City - 21/10 - I'll be outside the shop at 9am waiting for this.

Battlefield 3 - 28/10 - Release day purchase for this.

Uncharted 3 - 02/11 - See Arkham City

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 11/11 - As above, but will take a back seat to MW3

Modern Warfare 3 - 11/11 - I'll be waiting from 9pm the night before to pick this up at midnight launch. Considering i have 20+ days clocked into MW2 this was an obvious choice (i may even buy the prestige thingy :eek: )

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - 18/11 - I'll pick this up on launch

Saints Row: The Third - 18/11 - Pick it up on launch, going to be hard to decide to play this or AC:R first, if i can put MW3 down! :P

An expensive end of year, not including xmas, but i've €600 saved for this! :D

Also, with everyone going on about Demons Souls i may have to pick it up. One question though, is it like DMC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh ya and I'm getting xenoblades tomorrow which isn't on your list so thats another one on my list :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Uncharted 3
    No mention of red orchestra 2 :(

Bf3 and Dead island also on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Modern Warfare 3
    jackoire wrote: »
    No mention of red orchestra 2 :(

Bf3 and Dead island also on my list.

I forgot to mention Red Orchestra 2 as I've already payed for it on Steam :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where's tropico 4 on that list eh?

el presidente will not be pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

Saints Row: The Third
    No Ace Combat Assault Horizon?
    I'm fairly skeptical of dead island since no gameplay was shown in the trailer,(even though it's on YouTube somewhere).
    No Resistence three?Ah lads.
    Cool idea though.

I picked the games that would have the majority going out to buy them and the poll definitely shows that, good mix of results there. I had more games added to that list but the poll would have been too big (thats what she said :(). I thought Resistance 3 is coming out after Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Well i was going to skip xenoblade but its getting amazing reviews so im getting that tomorrow

As for the others

Batman
    Uncharted
    Battlefield3 maybe cause i can never connect to dice servers
    Dark souls
    Sonic generations im getting day 1

Others i either wait for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Modern Warfare 3
    In order of importance - Arkham City, Deus Ex, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Gears 3 and AC Revelations are the essentials.

Dunno if I'll have time to devote myself to Skyrim for a while, but I'm super excited about Deus Ex and Arkham City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Skyrim, COD MW3, Battlefield 3 and Saints Row 3 too as it sounds pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Modern Warfare 3
    Arkham City is the big one for the Autumn for me. Can't wait for it. Really excited about Battlefield 3 too.

Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed and Skyrim should keep me busy for the rest of the autumn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well have Deus Ex pre-loading for free (thanks Steam prize draws :D )

Then gotta scratch together cash for Dead Island, Space Marine, Arkham City, AC:Revelations, Battlefield 3 (and the processor and MB upgrade needed), SR: The Third, Skyrim, might pick up RAGE, hopefully theres gonna be a demo. Also can add the various HD packages in there (MGS, Silent Hill, Z.O.E.)

All that and Sony releasing the cheaper PSP, so probably get that and the PSP games Ive missed so far.

And possibly a cheap Wii for Zelda and Xenoblade and the SMG games.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Battlefield 3
    Definitely getting Arkham City and AC:R. Two games whose predecessors offered good gaming experiences.

NOT getting FIFA12, simply due to the reason I'm sick of year after year EA putting out such a shoddy product. I'd be ashamed to put my name to that game series if I was involved in the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Modern Warfare 3
    No Diablo 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Modern Warfare 3
    You are also missing what is easily the biggest game of the year, SW:TOR.

Blowfish wrote: »

I'll eat my hat if it makes it out for 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Uncharted 3
    I've got 3 off that list that I'll defo be getting. They are

Gears of War 3
    Batman
    Battlefield 3

I've never really played a battlefield game unless you count the star wars versions but am sick of COD so feeling that a change of game engine and focus is what I need to keep me inspired for the FPS genre.

I'm cautiously interested in Dead Island but will be watching the reviews carefully.

Deus Ex interests me having loved the original but will not be considered til after christmas.

Saints Row 3 looks great but I've not played any of the others so thinking a tenner on SR2 might be a better option at this junction.

Assassins Creed I'm a fan of the series but haven't played Brotherhood yet so this is on the back burner til then.

Some others on the list that might pique my interest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Uncharted 3
    Hadn't heard of Demon's Souls before and got my hopes up then I saw it's PS3 exclusive. Looks like exactly the type of game I'd be into. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Saints Row: The Third
    Out of that list, I will definately be getting Driver:SF, COD:MW3, Batman:Arkham City & Battlefield 3 at some stage hopefully.

Out that list, i might pick up (or just rent) Fifa 12 (as i have fifa 11 and still playing it), Uncharted 3 and Assassins Creed Revelations.

As well as them games from the list, I will be looking at getting WWE '12 as well.

Man thats a lot of games over a 3 month period :eek:

djkeogh wrote: »
    Hadn't heard of Demon's Souls before and got my hopes up then I saw it's PS3 exclusive. Looks like exactly the type of game I'd be into. Ah well

Dark's Souls however will be PS3 and 360 so chin up chuck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Blowfish wrote: »

Biggest in terms of content, perhaps, but all reputable previews I've read distressingly suggest it's going to be just another MMORPG with a Star Wars coat of paint. Alas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I don't think there are any games in the next few months that I'm looking forward to. I'm looking forward to playing Mass Effect 3, Azura's Wrath, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Lollipop Chainsaw, but I think they are all a good while off yet.

Advertisement