Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games will you be getting?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Need for speed: the run. Looks incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
    deathrider wrote: »
    I don't think there are any games in the next few months that I'm looking forward to..

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Fifa 12
    God to many games so little money have gears 3 pre ordered and saints row 3 is also a most imo after that will see the reveiws on most of the other games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

sheehy83 wrote: »
    :eek:

I know. It's just... I mean the thing is... Eh... Ah, who am I kiddin? I've no excuses :(

I was just thinking about which game to get, Deus Ex or Dead Island. Then an ad came on telly for Deus Ex and a giant quote from a magazine review saying BUY THIS!! Think it's a sign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Battlefield 3
    Hopefully will get Batman and Assassins Creed. Really enjoyed their
    predecessors.

Seeing a lot of love here for Battlefield 3. Don't know too much about this series, must check it out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Uncharted 3
    On PC:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Rage
    Batman: Arkham City
    Battlefield 3

With Assassin's Creed: Revelations on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Went through the list and ended up seeing that ill be getting them all bar MW3.....and ill prob have to get that for work!

But RAGE jumped from a this could be good to this is a day 1 after playing the first 45-50mins.

Also like the look of Jurassic park from telltale games after meeting with them (Monkey Island team) Sort of a Heavy Rain-ish style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Modern Warfare 3
    Definitely:
    BF3
    Deus Ex HR
    Guild Wars 2
    DoTA 2
    Skyrim

Possibly:
    Red Orchestra 2
    SWTOR
    TERA
    Dead Island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Modern Warfare 3
    Went through the list and ended up seeing that ill be getting them all bar MW3.....and ill prob have to get that for work!

But RAGE jumped from a this could be good to this is a day 1 after playing the first 45-50mins.

Also like the look of Jurassic park from telltale games after meeting with them (Monkey Island team) Sort of a Heavy Rain-ish style.

Were you at quakecon or something ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Saints Row: The Third
    not much love for mw3 , but do you expect , in general , that there will be a big shift towards bf3 ?

assuming they both get decent scores, i would imagine that mw3 will still be more popular. though this may be to do with the amount of children playing call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

2smiggy wrote: »
    not much love for mw3 , but do you expect , in general , that there will be a big shift towards bf3 ?

assuming they both get decent scores, i would imagine that mw3 will still be more popular. though this may be to do with the amount of children playing call of duty.

I's safely say they are both going to sell shed-loads of copies, man. All the kids want CoD, and the adults seem to be more into BF, so either way they'll both sell like hotcakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Spunge wrote: »
    Were you at quakecon or something ?

Gamescom had 2 hours with Bethesda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

AC: Revelations and Uncharted 3 have me like this

this_1.jpg

constantly.

hey lads, with all the new releases coming out, I will be trading in a few games as ye might be so I recommend checking out Gamesnash link below for a list of games where they are offering more credit than usual on certain trade ins.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056362979

To anyone still deciding on this list, I highly highly recommend getting Deus Ex. Much much better than I thought it would be, completely hooked. Driver is on its way to me so will have to squeeze some time into that. I have been looking forward to Dead Island for ages now but some people saying it is disasterous while others are saying it is briliant so I'll have to hold out further to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

MW3, Battlefield 3 and AC 3.

Enjoyed the last two MW so going to continue the story.

Really got into Battlefield BC 2 so going to play Battlefield 3 and see how it goes.

AC 2 was a game I got a lend of and really enjoyed it even though I didnt enjoy the first.

May potentially invest in Uncharted 3 at some stage after xmas and will be picking up PES 2012 when its released too.

So, season of mad releases is over. Looks like BF3 won in the polls but what was your favourite game this season? Any disappointments or surprises for ye?

For myself, I highly enjoyed Dead Island. Deus Ex was great but one playthrough was enough. Arkham City was brilliant but something was missing from what made Asylum so good. Ass creed was a let down for me. Found myself bored and forcing my way through it. Had no intention on picking up Skyrim but nothing has entered the PS3 since I got it.

I still need to get Saints Row 3 and Uncharted 3 but will wait til the new year.

Still trying to decide on GOTY...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution: was very good
    Dead Island: skipped it
    Gears of War 3: dont own a 360 anymore
    Fifa 12: skipped it
    Rage : skipped it
    Forza Motorsport 4:no 360
    Batman: Arkham City : amazing game
    Battlefield 3: hated ever second of it , all hype
    Uncharted 3: was very good , not as good as uncharted 2 though
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim : xmas baby
    Modern Warfare 3: good when with mates, last cod for me
    Saints Row: The Third : skipped it
    Assassin's Creed: Revelations: after xmas
    Driver: skipped it

Best game so far dark souls
    Worst game bf3 , didnt buy the hype but it was terrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Modern Warfare 3
    What did you think was so bad about BF3 Richy?

I was sceptical enough of it as all I played in these modern shooters was COD (and wasn't that impressed with it), but I think the multiplayer in BF3 is amazing.

Finished the campaign last night and thought that was utter rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Surprisingly impressed by it, considering i didn't have an interest in it. Good story, good gameplay, but overall too stealthy for me, but apparently thats the Deus Ex way...

Driver: San Francisco: Great game, very good idea and excellently implemented. Only lack of funds got me trading this, will definitely be picking it up again, if just to jack other cars and listen to the conversations.

Dead Island: Fantastic game, bugs aside. Surprised me with how much i enjoyed it. Looking forward to some decent DLC.

Gears of War 3: I'll pick it up some time next year, no interes in it tbh.

Fifa 12: Didn't get it.

Rage: Disappointing. Looked pretty, yeah, but boring and the driving was meh. Traded it swiftly. Like a bad Borderlands/Fallout love child.

Forza Motorsport 4: Traded it in within a week, only the Top Gear Test Track and the Kia Cee'd made me keep it that long.

Batman: Arkham City: Fantastic game, but missing something small. Will pick it up again later next year to get the achievements (gonna have to cheat that Calenderman one).

Battlefield 3: Looked good, but stupid story and a let down. MP was not for me, too slow imo. Traded within a week.

Uncharted 3: Brilliant game, loved every minute of it, an the MP was good fun too. Lack of funds had me trading this.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Picked it up 2 weeks ago and nothing has had a look in since. Definite GOTY. This is how games should me made (bugs aside).

Modern Warfare 3: I liked it. First shooter i've played since CoD4 that i actually knew what was going on without having to strain my ears to hear the dialogue behind all the booms and bangs. MP is fun, typical MW fare, but hacking and Skyrim has stopped me playing it (and a bad ISP!).

Assassin's Creed: Revelations: Fantastic game, loved it. Not as good as 2 or Brotherhood, but the ending alone is worth playing this for. Oh, and the Armor! Skyrim stopping me playing this online.

Saints Row: The Third: Biggest disappointment this year. I wanted this to be at least as good as 2, but it wasn't. Terrible car mechaics, looked graphically worse, and while it was funny it wasn't really fun. I'll pick it up next year in the hope that a few patches may fix it.

So, Skyrim getting my GOTY, closely followed by Uncharted 3 and Dead Island, and followed by Arkham City, Driver: SF, inFamous 2 and Alice: MR.

Why no Dark Souls? Because i haven't played it yet. And going by everyone else it's going to take up a lot of time, so it's definitely a 2012 purchase. Maybe when i'm sick of Skyrim...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Cant speak for pc version but on the ps3 it was a lagfest journey,
    I didnt find the multiplayer maps all that great , horribly designed and too many bugs and glitches i get stuck in walls or behind cars i ended up have to kill myself.
    Im probably the only one these sort of glitches happened and they are not very common but they are their.
    Conquest is terrible theres too little people on big maps , most of the map is empty i spent 3 5 minutes just running looking for someone just to get shot in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Modern Warfare 3
    Dead Island and Skyrim were the best for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Dark Souls has proven to be this year's bestest game, and by a margin I'd say. From both a subjective and objective level, it is simply a remarkable achievement. That said, I haven't gotten around to Skyrim / Skyward Sword yet, and I expect great things from both, but it will take a mighty beast to topple Dark Souls.

DoDonPachi Resurrection is a personal favourite as well, as I always knew it would be. Fiendishly addictive! And Disgaea 4's limited release is yet another great game lost in the festive noise.

A little disappointed by both Arkham City and Uncharted 3 - both great games, certainly, but fall short of the lofty expectations set by their predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I am really surprised on how great skyrim was/is. I was not going to get it as I felt it may be too similar to the fallout games ( I never played oblivion), but as everyone else has said, no other game has had a look in since.

Cleared deus ex and batman. Both good while playing them, but I don't think I would return to either.

FIFA12- really disappointing. The high meteoritic score makes me wonder about the integrity of game reviews.

Dark souls- took a risk with this as I normally don't like stupidly difficult games. Never got into it due to the wealth of other games out. Kind of enjoyed it, but think it was way overhyped.

Gears 3- after christmas for me.

BF3/MW3- fanboyism put me off. On my kriskindle list so I will let that decide for me (don't really want either)

Zelda- my Christmas present from me to me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MW3 - really enjoying it but was hooked/brainwashed by MW2 and to a lesser extent Blops

BF3 - couldn't get into it. I accept it's a great game, I just don't enjoy it. On PS3 and feel it is more geared towards the PC.

Uncharted 3 - awesome but prefered UC2

Deus Ex - yuk. Hated it.

Advertisement