Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ricky Gervais Science

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Anyone else seen this?

For me it was embarassingly bad..
    I barely laughed once during the whole thing. Felt like he was trying to hard. He should give the whole religion bashing jokes a rest, especially considering he's not good at it. He barely discussed anything to do with science, just jokes about fat people which really didn't work on any level. His new skinny look and beard really doesnt work well with those jokes...

But then theres the worst of all... the unashamed joke stealing from Karl. Does he not know that most of his fans have heard all the podcasts/xfm shows?! Just really ruins the whole show... and they dont even work well without Karl.
    he even did it at a few award ceremonies. so cringeworthy!
    I think he's totally lost it, and the 3 films he's done too were abysmal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he always goes off tangent in these shows, the title doesn't matter whether it be Animals, Politics etc just an excuse for him to take a swipe at religion, the handicapped, gays etc

ever since he's gone to the states he's got awfully big headed and i agree his movies stink big time, his only saving grace > the golden globes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Yeah I know he goes on tangents but Politics and Animals both had a fairly straight theme I thought. He was losing his way with Fame which wasn't great.
    But with Science, which he always declares to have a hugh interest in, and constantly portrays himself as a lover of philosophy and evolution I expected something a little better. Thought this would be the show he would excel in!
    Instead there were like a handful of topics, fat people/religion which he stretched out for way too long.
    He's desperately trying to be like Louis CK which I don't understand as I thought he was so original in his first sets...

Advertisement