Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Month Break Clauses

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just wondering how common 6 month break clauses are in the current economic climate. I'm about to start a new 1 yr tenancy and its something I'm eager to incorporate into the agreement.

My last tenancy was through a letting agent and they had it built in already. It was effectively still a one year lease with a 6mth break clause. It was something I found quite helpful, as there are a multitude of reasons why you might need come out of a lease early especially in the extraordinary times we live in. The new landlord is private and hasn't furnished me with the agreement as of yet. I'm going to wait to see the current agreement and then ask for it to be incorporated if not already there.

I think this is a reasonable enough thing to ask for, no?

Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Fifi Trixie Belle

Hey there,

I know this thread was ages ago but how did this work out? Did you have any success with the 6 month break? I'm basically in the same situation; I'd like to include one, I like the safety of having one but I don't know how common they are or how willing landlords are to agree to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Theyre not all that common but there is certainly no harm in asking!

Advertisement