Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evening wear in Cork

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭

hi folks, i have a thread in the fashion and appearance section with regards to looking for a dress for a wedding on line but i have decided that i would prefer to buy in reality.
    So, can someone recommend stores in the Cork area please? I am looking for a really nice dress for a really nice winter wedding. I was thinking of something in the line of a debs dress? The wedding is not black tie but it might as well be.

Thanks in advance, S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

sporina wrote: »
    hi folks, i have a thread in the fashion and appearance section with regards to looking for a dress for a wedding on line but i have decided that i would prefer to buy in reality.
    So, can someone recommend stores in the Cork area please? I am looking for a really nice dress for a really nice winter wedding. I was thinking of something in the line of a debs dress? The wedding is not black tie but it might as well be.

Thanks in advance, S

Fran & Jane, and Sheena's nearby would do debs-style dresses. They are at the Parnell Place end of Oliver Plunkett Street. Debenhams around the corner would have the same style of dresses in their designer area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

+1, the new season stuff at Fran & Jane is gorgeous. They have a much wider selection in their shop than they do on their website aswell. TK Maxx might be worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Oasis in the city have some nice formal dresses too.
    I'm not sure if Modern sell the kind of dresses you're looking for but they do a lot of debs/bridesmaids dresses so it might be worth having a quick look in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

If you're west direction my OH is mad about cici boutique in clon - opened recently I think. Sure they've a fb page.

Edit - sorry, thought I was in the county cork forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Ivory Rose in Passage West about 1O mins from Douglas is worth a visit. She has a web site if you google Ivory Rose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

There's a place on Patrick St, can't remember the name of it but it's above a shoe shop...it's on the same side as the English Market but up towards Grand Parade. Got a debs dress there a few years ago and she had a debs section, evening wear section and wedding/bridesmaids section and was really helpful. Think it's two sisters who own the place, one does the shoeshop and the other the dress shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭KazM

This was a great store - but sadly closed - Owner retired. Have a beautiful blue top & skirt outfit I got there - lovely for when I want to feel 'all dressed up' lol.
    There's a place on Patrick St, can't remember the name of it but it's above a shoe shop...it's on the same side as the English Market but up towards Grand Parade. Got a debs dress there a few years ago and she had a debs section, evening wear section and wedding/bridesmaids section and was really helpful. Think it's two sisters who own the place, one does the shoeshop and the other the dress shop.

Advertisement