Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on build

Options
  • 18-08-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys,im starting a online radio,and i want to build a pc for the studio playout system,i have a rackable case,windows xp and vista.screen keyboard and all.

Basicly,what i need,is duo core or more,alot of memory,now,heres the thing,i would like to get as many harddrives into the machine as possable,i dont need anything special like graphics card or anything...

anyone got any thoughts on what i should get..

Oh,one more thing,is the a sound card out there that has XLR(like 3 pin mic connections) output connections on it,ive looked around and cant seem to find them but seen stations use them.

Thanks for taking the time to read

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is there a budget for this? Will you need to include windows?
    Do you need a screen?

Does as many hard drives as possible mean (a) as many ports as possible to expand with hard drives, (b) you want plenty of hard drives in a desktop (~5-8), (c) A desktop board with a load of hard drive expansion cards (maybe 20 HDDS?) or (d) a server board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

This board, with four of these, gives you a total of 14 SATA ports, meaning a maximum possible of 42TB worth of hard drives (if you have the money for them) for ~€180.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭now radio soldier

I have the case,i have the keyboard,mouse and screen.i also have the o/p system.i have windows xp and vista disc and keys.

In terms of budget,as cheap as possable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

I have the case,i have the keyboard,mouse and screen.i also have the o/p system.i have windows xp and vista disc and keys.

In terms of budget,as cheap as possable.
    and how much HDD space?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭now radio soldier

well,i gonna put a small like 500gb for master and 2 tb for second,but i want too be able to add alot more after,unless theres a external unit like a 19inch rackmount unit that holds harddrives

• Advertisement
Advertisement