Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Track.

• 18-08-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

So as everyone may know who is choosing to study in the UK for the next 3 or however many years your course is going to be, you will know that UCAS Track is up in the air and on the verge of imploding.

Personally, I feel like smashing my face off a wall, it is so frustrating.

But, eventually I got into Track and discovered that my Firm and Insurance choices haven't been updated, while everyone who has done the A-levels have. It does state on Track availability link on UCAS that all applications to UCAS are being updated, which started commencing at 08:00am, but why would only A-level candidates be the only ones updated on the final decisions of the university?

Or perhaps, it is in fact just me experiencing this issue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's not just you. The site's painfully slow for me as well.

How long do we have to reply to the offers btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The Uni 'hotlines' are very hot - not answering. Sooo frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I didn't have the option to accept an offer, it just said "you have been accepted". So, do I have to do anything now? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

!!! wrote: »
    I didn't have the option to accept an offer, it just said "you have been accepted". So, do I have to do anything now? :)

Not as far as I know. Check out this website - full of info.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dannnnn

Still not updated, FMLLLLLLLLLLL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Finally got into track there, it says I was unsuccessful and that it was updated on the 16th August. They didnt even have my results yet?? And I only sent them 20 mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I didn't send results or anything to anyone, it all happened automatically somehow!?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ak4

is says...
    "
    The current status of your Application is:

You have accepted an offer.
    "
    does this just mean i have put in my firm and insurrance because i have not accepted any place yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

My track isnt updated either. I didnt meet the min requirements and I need to enter clearing, but I cant until I will get the rejection. The hotline, as was said already is too hot and theres nothing else what I can do :(

Btw, do we have to send results ourselves or is it sent automatically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Iceuil wrote: »
    My track isnt updated either. I didnt meet the min requirements and I need to enter clearing, but I cant until I will get the rejection. The hotline, as was said already is too hot and theres nothing else what I can do :(

Btw, do we have to send results ourselves or is it sent automatically?

Ring the university. Just because you didn't get the grades doesn't mean you won't get the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Iceuil

I did. Talked to the admission office and they said theyre going to contact the department. I want that rejection, because I want the course from clearing. But nothing is happening. I begin to think that all clearing vacancies are spread across the UK students. We dont have a chance to get good courses anymore.

!!! wrote: »

i have the same thing....watch this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjFB154R-k

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Violafy

ak4 wrote: »
    i have the same thing....watch this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBjFB154R-k

It will change soon. I think it's just because there are so many students to be processed - some of the British students still have that status too. When your place is confirmed, it'll say "Congratulations! Your place at
    to study
    has been confirmed" or something along those lines. Mine changed to that at around 3pm today. :) If it doesn't change by tomorrow afternoon, maybe ring UCAS just to check there isn't a problem. But if you've met your offer, you 100% WILL get in.

Edit - just saw that you didn't get the grades, sorry. In that case, you need to ring the University itself and see is there any chance they can give you a place anyway, if you still want one. Explain how passionate you are and that you feel the Uni is right for you etc - basically a verbal Personal Statement! It depends on the competition as to whether you can still get in or not. Or else ask them to send the rejection as soon as possible so you can get a place in clearing. Good luck!

Violafy wrote: »
    It will change soon. I think it's just because there are so many students to be processed - some of the British students still have that status too. When your place is confirmed, it'll say "Congratulations! Your place at
    to study
    has been confirmed" or something along those lines. Mine changed to that at around 3pm today. :) If it doesn't change by tomorrow afternoon, maybe ring UCAS just to check there isn't a problem. But if you've met your offer, you 100% WILL get in.

thanks, i havent met my offer so will most likely get a rejection....dont really mind just wanna be certain

thanks, i havent met my offer so will most likely get a rejection....dont really mind just wanna be certain

I know, sorry :o , that's why I edited the post to write the second paragraph! I've had about 4 hours sleep combined over the last 2 nights, so somehow missed it the first time, excuse me. :o Which course is it? Good luck getting your offer / going into clearing.

I know, sorry :o , that's why I edited the post to write the second paragraph! I've had about 4 hours sleep combined over the last 2 nights, so somehow missed it the first time, excuse me. :o Which course is it? Good luck getting your offer / going into clearing.

no problem...it was marketing to coleraine....see the thing is i was looking at clearing before and the courses still available in the north dont appeal to me at all so il just settle for my cao as i would not like to move out of ireland

no problem...it was marketing to coleraine....see the thing is i was looking at clearing before and the courses still available in the north dont appeal to me at all so il just settle for my cao as i would not like to move out of ireland

Ahh ok, well good luck on Monday with CAO then! And there's still a chance Coleraine could accept you - I know someone who was automatically accepted by their Uni today despite missing the offer by two grades. Just keep an eye on UCAS. Hope you get what you want!

Ahh ok, well good luck on Monday with CAO then! And there's still a chance Coleraine could accept you - I know someone who was automatically accepted by their Uni today despite missing the offer by two grades. Just keep an eye on UCAS. Hope you get what you want!

awh thank you :) what course are you doing and where ?

awh thank you :) what course are you doing and where ?

Psychology in St Andrews! Quite nervous about moving away, but excited as well. I'm pretty sure that I'll choose it over whatever I get in the CAO on Monday. I didn't think I was going to get it at all though, so I'm still sort of in shock! So where's your first choice on CAO?

Psychology in St Andrews! Quite nervous about moving away, but excited as well. I'm pretty sure that I'll choose it over whatever I get in the CAO on Monday. I didn't think I was going to get it at all though, so I'm still sort of in shock! So where's your first choice on CAO?

ohh saint andrews wow :O that place looks epic, congrats. my first choice is marketing innovation n technology in dcu, i really have my heart set on it :)

• Advertisement

ohh saint andrews wow :O that place looks epic, congrats. my first choice is marketing innovation n technology in dcu, i really have my heart set on it :)

I know, it was gorgeous when I visited. :) Best of luck, I really hope you get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I know, it was gorgeous when I visited. :) Best of luck, I really hope you get it!
    You've heard all the "you're out to snare a prince?!" jokes, I take it? :p

You've heard all the "you're out to snare a prince?!" jokes, I take it? :p

Yes. Yes, I really have! :p I even had the pleasure of being shown where William slept and where exactly he and Kate met, when I went to the open day. Fascinating. :pac:

Advertisement