Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Filling in for teacher on Study Leave

• 18-08-2011 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

WIP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Never heard of this, sounds unusual. Is it a private school?
    What about your PRSI etc..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

I've heard of this before, I thought they had changed the terms of study leave so that this was no longer the case, though.

ETA: http://www.asti.ie/pay-and-conditions/leave/study-leave/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

My friend went on study leave last year and in the end she took a career break (union hepled her) so her replacement got a contract for the year.
    But Initially she was told by her principal that she was too late to apply for a career break (she asked in early August) so she would have to set herself up as a sole trader and pay her sub herself...she looked into this and it was looking like it would be very difficult, pay the sub for the hours they worked, pay their taxes and pension contributions etc......so its certainly something that happens but its not ideal. She was delighted that she got the go ahead to take a career break (apparently the old system was that you didnt have to pay the sub for the holidays but now you do)

Advertisement