Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio and video content on android

Options
  • 18-08-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hello,

For a project in work, we are getting a multimedia company to make 7 x 3 minutes film = around 21 minutes of video. ( with H.264/1280x720/1000kbps = about 200 Mb) which will then be stored on a MicroSD on the Samsung Galaxy S. These video files will be called by an app that I am developing.
    They will also record all the text in audio (voice-over) as a separate file = about 60 minutes audio (with mp3 size about 60 Mb)
    Total media around 260 Mb. They will be working on a Apple computer.

I know very little about multimedia - even though I apparantly have a masters in it :rolleyes:- and was wondering if someone could help me answer some of these questions?

What would be the max suitable size for each of the files if stored on a 4GB Micro SD?

What is the minimum quality for display on a Samsung Galaxy S?

What is the best file format for display on the device?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The docs are always a good place to look for this kind of information - Android Supported Media Formats

I'm not sure there is a recommended size on the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Is it only going to be on the Galaxy S? Cause alot of the older/cheaper android devices haven't got great screen resolution, so you'll be able to reduce down the size a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Is it only going to be on the Galaxy S? Cause alot of the older/cheaper android devices haven't got great screen resolution, so you'll be able to reduce down the size a lot.

Advertisement