Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 18-08-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

Hi im heading to New Zealand for world cup and will be passing through Australia. First travel agent i spoke with said i needed a visa for oz on the stopover (only gonna be there for 3 hrs) but second travel agent that actually booked with didnt mention anything.

I looked on www.immi.gov.au and from what i can tell its fine, i wont need any special transit visa, just my passport but i just wanted to check with you good folks on here first who are in the know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If Immi says its fine its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hi im heading to New Zealand for world cup and will be passing through Australia. First travel agent i spoke with said i needed a visa for oz on the stopover (only gonna be there for 3 hrs) but second travel agent that actually booked with didnt mention anything.

I looked on www.immi.gov.au and from what i can tell its fine, i wont need any special transit visa, just my passport but i just wanted to check with you good folks on here first who are in the know.

It depends. It's outlined here:

http://www.munsterfans.com/threads/28917-Visa-requirements-NZ-amp-Australia

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

If you are only in Oz (I presume Sidney) for three hours (again presuming from flight landing to flight take off,) chances are they wont let you out of the airport! You will be in the transit area. Which really sucks if your a smoker! They dont even have a smoking room/outside access in Sidney Airport. Flew with Ethihad through Sydney to Wellington, even with the Kiwi passport they said no-way, that I wouldnt make it back in time for my connecting flight!

There are showers but they are a bit manky, and you need your own towel and everything else! But if you hunt around you will find a perfectly quite out of the way bit of floor to sleep on for awhile!

Shopping in the airports not to bad though but expensive!
    Check out the Opals if you or someone you know is into jewellery. I managed to pick up a beautiful opal on a gold chain which had been miss priced in error! Great deal (am guessing I got it for less than half price!) If you know any children under 5 check out the Wiggles store. They are a southern Hemisphere Icon, a failed rock band that went on to be the biggest thing in kids entertainment! Worth millions!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

testicle wrote: »
    If you aren't exiting the transit area, ie not passign through customs then you don't need one

Advertisement