Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed isn't the word!

Options
  • 18-08-2011 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just got a letter from BTEA saying I havn't been approved.
    Even after the officer in social welfare told me that I would get it.
    The reason given was "must be between 18-20 yrs plus out of formal education for 2yrs or more.

Im 19 and im out of school 2.5years I just don't understand why I havn't been accepted.Since I have been on jobseekers I have applied for every course imaginable and done ECDL and the LTI(Fetac fas course).I think thats why I was declined because I done a FAS course?

The letter says you cannot appeal a decision,you may make a written request to have your case reviewed.

Has anybody ever had a case reviewed?Is their any point?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I am Aged Between 18 and 20 Years, Have Been out of Formal Education for at least Two Years and am Entering a Course in Further Education Approved for the BTEA

In order to be eligible for the BTEA, you must be in receipt of one of the following payments for at least three months (78 days):

Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit
    One-Parent Family Payment
    how long are you on jobseekers allowance?

if its more than 78 days (3 months) then yes, i would ask for your claim to be re-assessed.

doing a fas course does NOT affect your elligability as long as you satisfy the above requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Derme

Thanks for the reply, got this sorted just need a letter from my old secondary school.
    With so many applications its easy to make a mistake.

Advertisement