Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Train the Trainer course

• 18-08-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi i currently work in Payroll/bookeeping and i am thinking of doing a Train the Trainer course. Has anyone done this course and is it any good if you want to get into the area of training??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Hi,

Have done this myself as a requirement for training some FÁS courses. As a whole, the course itself is pretty decent, definitely is good to see the little mistakes you do when you teach/train.

The course itself basically runs across 3-5 days depending on who you do it with. The assignment is basically 2 lessons done on camera, plus lesson plans for you to do.

The cost is the sticking point with me, it can vary from company to company, but seems to go from 750 to 1200 euro depending on the company.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mary claire99

Thanks for the response. Is the course good for someone who has never been involved in training or would i need to do a different course.
    My dilema is that as i generally work part time for various places i fill a 40 - 50hour week but as of the 1st of June i am only working approx 35hours , so i was thinking that doing payroll training part time would be good to get into as my current hourly rate is fairly poor despite having 20years experience as i am not qualified.

I hope you havent fallen asleep during my little note..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Thanks for the response. Is the course good for someone who has never been involved in training or would i need to do a different course.
    My dilema is that as i generally work part time for various places i fill a 40 - 50hour week but as of the 1st of June i am only working approx 35hours , so i was thinking that doing payroll training part time would be good to get into as my current hourly rate is fairly poor despite having 20years experience as i am not qualified.

I hope you havent fallen asleep during my little note..:D

It covers the basic principles of training and how they should be applied to a classroom situation. In the group that i was in, there was approx 50% that never did any training prior to this and received the certification.

I think its a case of if you're interested in training, this would be a good place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carareen

im thinkn of doin this course, iv done diploma in beauty and hopefully will be doin basic hairdresing course after this and wondering what i could teach after this course???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Be aware that Train the Trainer will not be acceptable by the Teaching Council so if you are considering applying for positions in the public sector eg VEC centres then it will not be sufficient.

FAS employees will be transferring over to the VECs in the coming months so I would expect FAS requirements would eventually come in line with those of the VECs as you can not have a VEC running 2 courses with different requirements for the Trainer qualification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carareen

what would i need to teach in vec??

also can i give my students diplomas in itec and cibtec wen thats the qualification i have?

Advertisement