Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP DX5150 SFF

Options
  • 18-08-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Hope I am in the right place.

I just got this PC from work, they were throwing it out and maybe for a good reason! I am looking to get recovery disks so that i can wipe the HD and start a fresh, any ideas where i might come across these. Also looking for info on the best way to make this wireless as my wireless modem is in the sitting room and not the office.

Any help would be appreciated
    Cheers
    Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is it windows on it? If it's an older version like XP, you can use the magic jelly bean key finder.
    http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
    I think you need the paid version for newer OSs.

If you have your key, you can install from any windows disc of the same version. You might need to ring Microsoft if your key won't activate and slipstream in drivers before installing.

You can buy wireless PCI cards for about €20. Just make sure that you have free slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Alangers

Its a windows xp professional OS so your suggestion should work. I'll check with the IT admin when she is back from hols to see if they kept the disc first.

Thanks for your help
    A

Advertisement