Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shocking Stuff in the Aungier St Library :mad:

Options
  • 18-08-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

I cant believe that im posting this but.............at the moment:

Theres a painter in where the printers used to be with his radio on so everyone can hear it,

the cleaning staff are in cleaning the carpets while having a full blown loud conversation

and theres someone else drilling every five mins.........

"library" my arse.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

This work is being done for your benefit.

Have you spoken to the library staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

I appreciate that it is...........

BUT, what i want to know is why this cant be done on an off hours basis??

and why do they wait for the last month before mature students have a thesis in to start doing the work, while the library has been pracitcally dormont for the first two months of the summer break?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I think these jobs are controlled by the buildings managers, not the library, and so they are often done at sub-optimal times. It is a pity, but that's the DIT way I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The DIT way indeed - they always schedule extremely noisy building renovations the week before exams in Kevin Street! Every year. Without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The buildings aren't open out of hours due to government cutbacks (porters etc would have to be paid).

The painter shouldn't have a radio on though, complain to the library staff about that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement