Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magellan GPS NAV 5000DLX

• 18-08-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

I have a Magellan GPS NAV 5000 DLX to give away .

I was given it by a friend who was moving house and couldn't bear to throw it in the skip as he paid a fortune for it back in the day.

I'm skip filling at the minute and would like the GPS put to some use. I don't sail so maybe one of you folks might have use for it.

Complete with instructions and a 12v dc adapter. I've powed it up and it appears to be working but I don't know what I'm looking at.

khannie ok'd this post

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Did you find a good home for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

bjroche wrote: »
    Did you find a good home for it?

Not even a bad home for it.

It's very outdated technology probably akin to the early 088 mobile phones but it wiuld be a shame to skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Maybe some scouts groups or people interested in orienteering etc. would be a good place to ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

trad wrote: »
    I have a Magellan GPS NAV 5000 DLX to give away .

I was given it by a friend who was moving house and couldn't bear to throw it in the skip as he paid a fortune for it back in the day.

I'm skip filling at the minute and would like the GPS put to some use. I don't sail so maybe one of you folks might have use for it.

Complete with instructions and a 12v dc adapter. I've powed it up and it appears to be working but I don't know what I'm looking at.

khannie ok'd this post

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Now gone to a good home

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement