Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier (Wireless) Broadband: Co, Tipperary

• 18-08-2011 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I had a fairly negative experience with this company about 4 years ago and left them as a result. However I am wondering if things have change with them and if they are worthy of consideration once again.

I am hoping someone who is currently using their services or have used their services recently might be willing to write about their experience. I don’t mind hearing from their reps but would also like to hear from genuine customers.

I remember the constant break-downs that would result in loss of broadband, and sometimes for a couple of days. I also remember how they rigorously enforced their rules on accessing file sharing sites. Well, you could access them, but they somehow made certain you couldn’t download from them.

Have things improved, and are the same restrictions still in place?

Here is their website: http://www.premierbroadband.net/?in=packages

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

I have 2 relations with Premier BB and they seem to have been fairly stable lately.
    There were a few problems about a year ago, but since then their connection seems fairly decent.
    Of course, it's not the best download speed compared to fixed-line BB, but seems consistent now.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭pat13wx

Thanks for that.

I actually got on to the lads at Premier Broadband in Co. Tipperary (not to be confused with another BB provider with the same name in another country) and I learned that not only are they now under new management and that the restrictions mentioned in my previous post no longer exist, but also their service is much better; apparently they have several new transmitters in and around where I live. Also, all of their packages offer “unlimited” monthly downloads allowances for free. Actually the “unlimited” has a cap of 250 Gigs a month. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

what area you in pat or close too ?

what area you in pat or close too ?

I am in the Horse and Jockey, which is about five miles from Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eileen27

Any more feedback on wifi/broadband in the Tipp area? I'm in the Dualla area (rural) and looking for a good service at a good rate. All feedback appreciated !

• Advertisement

Hi Eileen, You might be alright in Dualla. Unfortunately in my area the service wasn't great when they came and checked, they weren't even able to get speeds near the 1 meg, and the ping was near a 100. I was very disappointed as they seem like very nice people. However, if their service works for you in Dualla you'll be made up.

Thanks Pat, did you find any good alternatives as I have a feeling that my situation will be similar to yours !!

No, unfortunately no other alternatives other than Eircom or Satellite. Satellite, however, is expensive and the download monthly allowance very limited, especially for the like of Q-Sat, who I recommend you steer well clear of at all costs.

As things stand I am still with Eircom, and although desperately slow they are reliable and are proving to be unlimited regarding downloading. This will apparently remain the case until our area is upgraded to Next Generation Broadband, which may in fact never, ever happen.

Incidentally, Eircom will tell you the download allowance is 10 gigs per month, but they do not monitor your usage unless you upgraded to NGB, as mentioned above. I have been going over the 10 gig allowance consistently for months now and never been charged any extra, and nor has any others I know in the same boat as me.

I suggest you try Premier BB as the signal might be OK for you. If they come to your place make sure the do a speed test with the likes of speedtest.net and make sure you actually see the results yourself; they'll have a laptop with them. Check too the ping.

Best of luck.

Thanks again Pat. I'll try Premier and take it from there. :)

Advertisement