Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping

Options
  • 18-08-2011 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Planning on going Camping in Waterford next week but where would be the best place to go?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Casey's Caravan Park in Clonea near Dungarvanis nice,

But tbh if your looking at partying and all that stuff you'd be better suited to one in Tramore I'd say. Depends what your looking for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

MikeHunt08 wrote: »
    Planning on going Camping in Waterford next week but where would be the best place to go?

Green in Avondale is good spot!

We go Tramore Sand Dunes maybe or Woodstown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 citybhoydls

wel lads , can u go camping in de tramore sand dunes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Well I'm sure you can. We go camping in Curracloe in Wexford every year even though it's technically against the law.

Just clean up after and don't make too much noise and I'm sure you'll be fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Camping in dunes contibutes to erosion.

• Advertisement

would the sand dunes be the best place for camping on tramore beach ?

and do the newtown cove campsite allwow 16 yearolds in on there own without an adult ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Glennc07

Hey guys,
    Just out of Curiosity,are the bathrooms in Tramore closed in the nighttime?

What about the ones out in Woodstown?

(It's not that I need one, This time were bringing girls..and girls need bathrooms ;P)

Cheers!
    Glenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Glennc07 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

(It's not that I need one, This time were bringing girls..and girls need bathrooms ;P)

Cheers!
    Glenn
    no they close em as far as i know in tramore but i'd say woodstown would have em open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

ziedth wrote: »
    Well I'm sure you can. We go camping in Curracloe in Wexford every year even though it's technically against the law.
    I

Just clean up after and don't make too much noise and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Is Curracloe going ahead this year?

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »

Not at all lad, sure we're getting too old for that kind of carry on these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Glennc07 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Cheers!
    Glenn

You should be carefully if you plan to be going to the toilets in tramore at night time, you might get a fright well maybe not depends what your into,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Woodstown toilets are closed permenantly. They are to be refurbished soon as far as i know. If going to woodstown you could try the chap that owns the saratoga pub. They have a grass lawn beside the pub and you would have access to the pub toilets. I've seen tents pitched there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

STIG83 wrote: »

Not at all lad, sure we're getting too old for that kind of carry on these days.

Never too old for that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Camping on the dunes in Tramore is not aloud

My Fav beach to go camping is Annestown its quite you can make a lot of noise you might see others camping there but lots of space go for a nice swim when you wake up.
    Woodstown I would avoid unless you don't mind cars pulling up all night I think you can camp next the pub which would be OK but you need permission or
    if you feeling adventurous you can camp up in the mountains.

Didn't notice this was a old post as far as I know most toilets are locked early you would be lucky for the toilets at newtown cove to be open during the day.
    I think the toilets out in bunmahon might stay open bring a bucket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Kilfarrasy is a nice beach for camping when u get onto the beach go left and walk all the way down to the end and there is a nice part of the beach where the rocks give great cover from any wind or if you just want somewhere out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

you're never too old for wild camping.sure i'm older than you and still go camping 3-4 times a year.lately i've been bringin the kids wild camping and they love it!

plenty of spots in the comeraghs for camping but you'll need to do a bit of hiking to get to most spots.

we usually go to clashganny lock in south carlow,you park the car 30 ft from where you camp so you fill the car to the brim! that section of the river barrow down to graiguenamanagh is great for the amatuer kayaker if you fancy doin a paddling too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

I use to camp up in St. Mullins years ago. lovely part of the country

daaave wrote: »
    you're never too old for wild camping.sure i'm older than you and still go camping 3-4 times a year.lately i've been bringin the kids wild camping and they love it!

plenty of spots in the comeraghs for camping but you'll need to do a bit of hiking to get to most spots.

we usually go to clashganny lock in south carlow,you park the car 30 ft from where you camp so you fill the car to the brim! that section of the river barrow down to graiguenamanagh is great for the amatuer kayaker if you fancy doin a paddling too.

Oh well the young lad is older I'd definitely go with him but I think the days of "camping" where by a group just goes drinking till morning and collapse in a tent at a certain point you can just get too old for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Always enjoyed camping in the Comeragh's personally

• Advertisement
Advertisement